13 - Should I? Should I Not?

Ok...I admit. I'm getting more and more nervous as the weekend nears. I'm sure, by agreeing to sleep at his place, Al would be thinking I'm agreeing to have sex with him. I know I'm at the age of doing it, but I don't know if I'm ready. And with him? Yes...he's my boyfriend and we've been going out for almost a month now, but.....

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! 

I call Kate even if I know it's early (very early) Friday morning in New York. 

"Sorry to wake you up, Kate." I tell her with a frown.

"That's ok. What's up?" She rubs her eyes and squints at the glare from her phone since the lights in her room are still off. 

I whine. "I don't know what to do." 

"About what?" 

I tell her about it. She doesn't answer at first, she yawns and blinks at me. "Do you want it?"

"Ugh...I don't know....I don't think I'm ready...but I like him." I toss around on my bed, letting my feet fly up in the air. 

"Allyson Gale Miller!" She screams my whole name, "I can't believe you woke me up very early in the morning to tell me you want to have sex with him but don't." She huffs. 

I chuckle, a bit embarrassed, "Sorry, Kate. Please....Just tell me what to do."

"Go for it! Now, please....I need my beauty rest."

"Bye, Sweetie. I love you!" 

"Ugh....Good luck!"

I go to the bar at night for our gig still thinking whether to do it or not. It's something everybody does anyway, right? I mean...I think I should do it. He's my boyfriend anyway. But, I'm still a bit apprehensive about it. 

Ryan and I haven't done it in our three years of being in a relationship. He did want it, but I always told him we had to wait. Well, that's what made him look for another girl, right? 

So... should I do it? 

"What's wrong with you?" Hoon notices me leaning my head at the bar. "Are you sick again?"

"How long did you go out with your girlfriend before you had sex with her?" I ask him bluntly, making him gape at me in shock. 

"What? Isn't that so random?" 

I just stare at him, waiting for an honest answer.

"Ok." He takes the seat beside me, "a week." 

I groan. Of course. What was I expecting? A miracle? 

"Why? Too soon? You know what, Al? Sometimes I think you came from the time of my grandparents." He chuckles. "Anyway, what is this about?"

"Al. He wants me to sleep at his place tomorrow." I pout, playing with the ice in my now empty glass. 

"Oh..."

"Oh?" I see a very different expression on his face. "What do you mean?"

"Nothing," he shakes his head and stands up. I see him go to Tara and whisper something in her ear. She turns and looks at me. Next thing I know, she's at the seat Hoon just vacated. 

"So...Al, huh?"

I nod my head. 

"Don't do it."

"Huh?"

"Just don't do it." The way she says it sounds like there's something she's hiding. 

"Do you know something I don't?" I sit up straight now, turning my whole body to fully face her.