18 - Falling for Him

I have this strangest feeling when I open my eyes. It seems like I'm back in my apartment in Seoul. Just like the other morning when Mark had his arm on my waist. It feels the same. Except the room is different. I look behind me and ... there he is. Mark is here. 

Oh, right. He came last night. I cried in his arms until I fell asleep. I never let go of him. He just let me cry and sit on his lap until my senses left me. 

Damn! 

But at that very moment, I felt safe. I was so frightened by the thought that it might be the murderer in front of the house. 

Why is he here anyway? Did he come all the way here to say sorry? How did he know where to find me? 

GGGrrroooowwwwllll!!!!

That's my stomach. I haven't had dinner because I was too busy being scared and crying. I slowly get up and head straight to the bathroom to make a quick shower and brush before going to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. 

The ingredients from last night are all packed away neatly in the cupboard and refrigerator, I notice. Mark. I smile at the thought of him doing these small things for me...again. My heart skips a beat. 

He sure has a lot of explaining to do. Do I want to listen to them? Did he come here to explain? Or is he just here because of that stupid bet? Did he really think I'd give in after knowing the truth? Is he still hoping to win?

I gasp and jump when I see Mark leaning his shoulder on the entry way of the kitchen, his arms crossed in front of him. 

"You're so jumpy, you know that?" He stands straight and walks towards the counter, getting a slice of cheese and putting it in his mouth. 

"That's because you keep on popping out of nowhere." I snarl at him before taking the bowl from his hand and turning back around to dump the sliced cheese in the omelet I'm cooking. 

"Need help?" 

"No. Go and wash up. Breakfast'd be ready in a while." I dismiss him. 

He obediently walks to the bathroom and in seconds, I hear the water from the shower. When he comes back in the kitchen, my eyes automatically run down from his dripping wet hair to his bare damp torso, down to the towel covering him waist down. "Damn it, Mark! Can you at least go put some clothes on first."

After what just happened, he doesn't expect to seduce me, does he? I just shake my head. He's never gonna change. 

____

"Let's take a walk," he takes my hand and pulls me out the door when I finish washing the dishes after breakfast. 

He walks in front and I silently follow behind. After what seems like five minutes, he stops and turns. 

"What?" I ask him as he just stares at me. 

"You have questions?" 

I have a lot. But I don't know which to ask first. I nod. I continue walking, he follows. 

"How'd you know I'm here?" Let's start with easy ones first.

"I went to your workplace and asked Ben. He asked another coworker of yours. And she gave me the address." 

Wow, Lani. Thanks for keeping it a secret. Ugh....

"Why'd you go there? Why'd you come here?" 

"You weren't in your room when I got up in the morning. You didn't come home at night. I...I got worried."

Somehow that makes my heart flutter a bit. 

"Now you see I'm fine. You can go." I tell him. He doesn't have to feel guilty...well....maybe a little.