24 - Why Can't I Just Say It?

Alright. I admit. I'm slow. But, I just don't know how to say it, ok? Can you blame me? I've never really, seriously said it to a girl before. 

'I like you, Allyson!!' AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

"Just talk to her," Bam is pushing me. 

"Can you not!" I tell him, moving my chair away from him. 

"Ei, guys!" Ashlie sits with us on our table. Bam looks at me with his eyes narrowed. 

"What?" I mouth at him but he just rolls his eyes. 

"So, Mark!" She turns to me after taking a shot of the drink she's holding. "Did you make your move yet?"

JB guffaws. "Mark? Make a move?" He shakes his head. "He doesn't even know how to talk to her." 

"Zip it!" I say, "Let's see if you can do it!" 

"Me?" He points at himself. "Are you daring me now, Tuan?" He chuckles. 

"I didn't even see you make a move tonight." I sass back at him. 

"Wanna bet?" He stands up from his seat and is about to walk towards Allyson's table. 

"Seriously?" I pull him back. "Don't you dare." I threat him, controlling my anger. 

He chuckles again and sits beside me. "Just make your move already. Don't wait for me to snatch her from under your nose."

"Let's make her jealous." Junior's smirk sends shivers down my spine. He looks at Ashlie and wriggles his brows. "What do you think Ashlie?"

The girl has the same expression on her face. 

"NO!" I shake my head. "I know what you're thinking and I think it's ridiculous."

"Pretend to be the jealous ex and kiss him in front of her." Jackson adds. 

"Guys." I shake my head. "Pathetic."

JB pulls me up from my seat. I see Youngjae making signs with Tara sitting beside her. 

"This is so childish!" I yell.

"I'm gonna tell her about us if you don't do this, Mark!" Ashlie says, raising her brows and looking really serious.

"Yeah. We're gonna tell her about your past girls, too." Youngjae adds. 

UGH....

"Fine!" I fix my shirt and take a deep breath. 

"Just follow my lead." Ashlie is saying as I nervously walk towards Allyson. 

Why am I doing this? This is so elementary. 

Tara grabs my hand and puts my arm on Allyson's shoulder, then pushes me down the seat next to her. 

Here goes nothing. 

She looks surprised, staring wide-eyed up at me. "Just ride along." I whisper. I don't know who I'm trying to fool here - Her or my friends. Damn it!

She furrows her brows, "What?"

I can see from the side that Ashlie is already nearing our table. She puts her hands on her hips and raises an eyebrow. "Mark?"

"Hey," I start acting, nodding at Ashlie. 

If looks could kill, I would have died already with Ashlie's gaze. "What is this?" She says, looking at Allyson then back at me. "I thought you're gonna call me?"

"Oh..." What do I say next? "Sorry." She's about to come nearer, and I know it's her cue to kiss me, but I pull Allyson closer instead. "Anyway," I turn my gaze to Allyson. "Babe, this is Hyeji." I point at Ashlie, "Hyeji, this is my girlfriend. Allyson."