5 - My Angel

The next day, I wake up especially late. It's already after lunch. I immediately go to the bathroom and curse at the girl staring straight at me. My eyes are so small because of the puffy lids, my eyebags reaching my cheekbones, and the white of my eyes are now red. 

Shit!

I stay under the shower longer than usual, Ryan still running back and forth in my head. Should I just go back home? I'm sure he'd change if I'm there. He's just lonely. He just did it because I wasn't there. So, should I just go home?

But, what about my work? My contract wouldn't expire in two more years. 

A vacation? The nearest one I can get is in December. It's still the middle of the year. 

Would he want to come here instead? Should I just ask him?

After freshening up, I give him a call. It's a Friday night in Seattle and he must already be out...maybe even drunk...or with that girl...cause he doesn't answer. 

"Why do you even bother?" Without even knocking, the prick comes in my room. 

"Do you only use your hand for handjobs? Or you just don't know how to knock?" I roll my eyes at him. 

"What's with the attitude?" He says, walking over to me. 

"What do you need?" 

"Can I borrow your blower? Mine's busted." 

"Bathroom," I point towards the bathroom with one hand and redial with the other.

Finally, he answers. But, he doesn't seem to be happy. "Hello?" He says, a bit annoyed. 

"Hon," I try to sound as sincere as possible, "Look, I'm sorry about last night. Are you still mad at me?"

"Allyson, I don't get why you do this? You do something stupid one night and say sorry the next."

Tears start to flow down my eyes now. He's really pissed off. "It's just that my friends..." I try to reason, but he cuts he off.

"Do your friends dictate what you do now? Are they more important than me?"

"Of course not, hon. They were just drunk and ...."

"Allyson, just ... let's just take a breather for a while. I'm sick of your reasoning. I'm hanging up." 

"Wait, Ryan...please..." but the line goes dead. 

I feel myself being pulled into strong arms. I curl myself closer and sob. I think it's the loudest I've cried, ever. 

"How can he just dump me like that?" I ask between sobs. "What did I do wrong?"

"Nothing. You did nothing wrong, Al." 

"If I haven't come here, I would still be in his arms. He wouldn't get angry at me. We would still be happy, right?"

"I said it's not your fault, Al...C'mon."

"Then why is he mad at me if it wasn't?" I look up and see Mark's face. "You...it's your fault," I point at him, pushing him away with my other hand. "It's because you kissed me you dickhead."

"Me?" He leans back, surprised at the finger pointing at him, "Why me? You were the one who needed help last night. I was just following orders."

"Nobody told you to kiss me, asshole."

He shakes his head and stands up, "Whatever, Al. I was just there to help. Think what you want." He slams the door behind him.

Dean calls just when I start to cry again.