30 - Coming Back To This!

The four insisted on taking me to the airport the next day where Kate is already waiting. After saying our goodbyes, Kate and I board the plane. 

"Excited?" She asks me.

"Scared!" I answer. 

I've been away for a little more than a week and I'm not really sure if I'm ready to face Mark. I miss him. Like crazy. But, does he miss me as much? I never received a call nor a text message from him, though, after the last one he sent. Does it mean he's fine when I was gone? 

After two stops and 38 hours, we finally get to Incheon. It's still early at night and it's a weekend, so the traffic is still a bit heavy. 

I get more and more anxious as the taxi nears the apartment. I don't really know what to expect. 

"I'd be sleeping in your room, wouldn't I?" Kate asks, finally realizing her old room is already taken. 

"We can kick him out if you want." I joke. 

"Nah...I have to get to know him anyway. What if you decide to go back to the States? At least he'd keep me company." She teases. 

"Kate!" I grit my teeth at her. Once again, disgusted at her imagination. "Don't you dare," I narrow my eyes. 

"Kidding!" She hits my shoulder, "For all I know, you've tattooed your name all over him already." 

My heart beats faster as we get out of the taxi, dragging our luggage behind us. 

"Ready?" Kate takes my hand. 

I take a deep breath and follow her up the stairs. 

The noise from inside tells me the boys are here. Since it's a weekend, they must be drinking again. My hands are shaking when I try to key in the code, so Kate pushes me gently to the side so she can open the door. 

"Allyson!" Shouts from the boys are heard when the door finally opens, revealing the mess inside. 

As usual, the couch is dominated by JB and a girl. The younger ones hug the game console. JR is in the kitchen with a girl and Jackson is drinking alone at the table. They all stand up and run towards me. 

"We missed you!" I feel hugs and kisses come my way as they push each other to get to me. 

Kate chuckles. "So, these are the boys, huh." Then she stops. "JB?"

"Kate!" JB's smile tells me there is something between them I didn't know. 

I ignore it for now. I scan the room again, trying to find the person I want to see the most. 

"Mark's in there." Smiley face says, pointing at the closed door of Mark's room. But, this time, he isn't smiling. He's a bit nervous, actually. 

I know that look. 

Could he be there with a girl then? 

Of course, stupid. Isn't it obvious? Can't you hear the sound of the girl giggling coming from that direction?  Or would you want to open the door to see for yourself?

I hear it alright. 

"Hey, guys. As much as I want to party with you, I'm jet-lagged and tired." My lips shakily turn up to feign a smile. 

I immediately get in my room, locking the door behind me. 

"Allyson!" Kate knocks on the door. "You're not gonna lock me out here, are you?"

Just when I stand and open the door to let Kate in, Mark's door opens, too. 

And just like any other fuckin' night he had, he's only in his boxers. "Allyson?" Everybody in the house goes quiet. Not one sound is heard from the other boys nor from Kate who eyes both of us, gaping.