16 - Revealing The Truth

I try to sleep but the noise outside wakes me up. I angrily open the door and shout, "What's the noise? Somebody's trying to sleep here." 

I look at Allyson, sitting nervously on the floor, looking up at me. She looks scared. I'm about to go to her and ask her what's wrong but then the guy's voice from the door makes me turn my head. "Allyson. Please. 5 minutes. C'mon." LIM! Tara, Hoon and Dean are already blocking his path by the doorway. 

What the heck's he doing here? "What the fuck!?!" I yell again. "What's he doing here?" I ask Allyson whose eyes are about to tear up again. 

"I...I don't know." She looks scared. 

"Get in your room," I instruct her. I step out of my room, striding towards the door. 

"Mark!" Allyson calls out. 

"NOW!" I shout at her and I see her scramble to her room. "What the fuck is this?" I ask Lim as soon as I get to him. 

"Mark!" He says. His drunk face is grinning down at me. "Fucking again, I see." He slurs. "Who are you with this time? Don't tell me you're with my girl?"

His girl? After what he's done he still has the guts to say that? "Shut up, asshole," I snarl. I'm about to give him a pounding when a hand stops me. "Get out of here before I beat the crap out of you again," I threat. 

"You're not gonna win this Mark." Even if his face is all mauled up, I can see he's angry, guilty and scared all at the same time. "We're both running out of time and you know it." 

What? "Shut up!" I say under my breath. "I already gave you what you want, didn't I?" I make my voice lower so Allyson won't hear. "I told you not to show your face again, didn't I? You win, Alexander. Now get the fuck out of here."

He shakes his head. "No....I didn't...." He whispers but I heard him. He walks towards the stairs, with his shoulders slumped, his steps wobbly. 

"You already conceded?" Tara asks, whispering, too. 

I nod. 

Then I see Allyson coming towards us. 

"She's coming," Hoon whispers, nudging Dean before he says anything. 

"Are you ok?" I ask, furrowing my brows at her expression. She looks confused. "What's wrong?"

"Is there something else I should know here?" She asks. 

Now is the time then. I sigh. "What do you wanna know?" I walk towards her slowly, thinking of how to start it. My hand involuntarily reaches for her cheeks, wanting to erase all the creases forming on her face. 

"That...What was he saying?" She stammers, taking a step back. "What were you talking about earlier before I came out?" 

I notice the three already making their exit out the door. I take her hand and pull her to the chair. I need to make her relax first before I tell her everything. Right now, she looks nervous. 

"Can you put on something first," she looks up and down my almost naked body and I chuckle at that unexpected comment. 

After putting something on, I head straight to the kitchen to get beer. 

"You would need this," I tell her, handing her one. 

"So?" She asks, drinking. 

Here we go. "Where should I start?" I take a drink and lean on the sofa, looking up at the ceiling. I close my eyes and turn my head to her. "You really wanna know? Isn't it enough that you knew how much of an ass your boyfriend really is?" I want to prepare her for what's to come. She has to know it's much worse than what Lim did.