28 - Waiting

Tonight's the night. 

After our long and intimate kiss last night, I'm very determined to tell her what I really feel about her. And tonight, after the concert, I would do just that. I get more and more nervous as the clock ticks. We're in the backstage, getting our hair and make up done. 

"You think Allyson's already here?" YG asks, looking at me through the mirror. 

"Let me call her," I say, taking my phone out and dialing her number. "She's not answering." I tell them, hanging up after several tries. 

"Maybe she can't hear it through the noise outside," Jackson tells me, seeing how worried I'm becoming. 

"Yeah, maybe," I simply nod, hoping it's really true. I'm starting to think that preparing an event for Allyson is really a jinx. 

I bought her flowers one time, to apologize, but when she came back the apartment she's with Alexander. And when they boys helped me fix the house up for another apology, and she went missing. And oh...when I'm supposed to take her out to dinner, the boys have reserved the place for us, even decorating it, and she received a call from her brother. 

What would happen tonight? 

"GOT7 in ten minutes." The staff shouts from the door. 

I check my phone for any calls or messages from her...but nothing. I send her a text, 'It's time for the show. I hope you're watching. Meet you up after the concert.'

I secure my phone in my bag before running out the room to follow the guys at the side of the stage. 

After our part, I immediately run back to the waiting room and check my phone. Still no answer from her. So, I message her again. 'Did you see us? How was it?'

"Is she here yet?" JB asks this time. I just shrug my shoulders, looking down at my phone still. 

"Don't worry, Mark." Jackson sits beside me, putting his hand on my shoulder. "She's probably out there, cheering already." 

I just smile weakly and nod. 

Did she perhaps get mad at me when I kissed her last night? But she kissed me back. 

She kisses you back every time you kiss her.  

But, last night was different.

I bet you she won't show up tonight.

Encourage me here a little, will ya!

Ugh...why am I talking to myself again?

"The concert's almost over," Junior informs us. I didn't even notice the time cause I was busy checking and rechecking my phone. 

"Tell Allyson we're gonna meet her at the side entrance." JB says, "Our manager is already there, waiting."

'Meet us at the side entrance after the concert.' I text her.

The concert's already done and we've been waiting in the car at the side of the arena for ten minutes already, and still no Allyson. 

"Did you tell her to meet us here?" Bam asks. 

"Call her again." Youngjae says. 

I call her for the nth time tonight, but she isn't picking up. I shake my head. I knew this was gonna happen. Could something possibly have gone wrong? Did something happen in her house? 

"Let's just go," I tell them, sighing. 

"She might have just gotten lost among the crowd," Junior is trying to explain what could've happened, but I'm not buying any of it. I'm just worried...and upset....and angry at myself. 

Worried that another problem arose in her family. Upset that she doesn't even text or call saying that she isn't coming. Angry that I couldn't bring myself to tell her what I really feel. 

"How about Alex?" Jackson asks JB. 

He grins. "Sorry. I didn't get her number."

"What?" YG exclaims in disbelief. "You had sex with her last night and you don't even know her number?"

It is so JB. I was like that, too, before. Even if I went out with different girls, if you check my phone book, you'd only find a few names of girls there. None of which are the numbers of the girls I slept with. It just wasn't our style. 

And twenty minutes after, we're on our way back to the hotel. 

"That's ok." YG is saying. All the boys have invaded the room that Jackson and I share.

"Let's just go see her in her house tomorrow." JB. 

"Call her again." Youngjae.

I just close my eyes and lay my head on the pillow, hoping nothing really bad happened. 

In the morning, Jackson and JB come with me to Allyson's house. I ring the doorbell but nobody's answering. 

"Call her," JB says, ringing the door bell for me as I take out my phone to try and contact her again. 

"She's still not picking up," I tell them. 

Jackson goes around the house and tries to knock at the backdoor. After minutes, he comes back shaking his head. "I think nobody's home." He says. 

"You know where Alex lives?" I ask JB, hoping for a positive answer. 

"I think so," he answers.

"You think so?" 

"I'm not from here, Mark. Give me a break. I don't know which road." He yells.

I sit on the stoop, putting my head on my hands. Where could she be? Could she have ran away again? With her sibs? 

I take out my phone again and check her Instagram. She would usually update it. But, there's nothing. 

"She has her ticket, right?" Jackson asks, sitting down beside me, comforting me while rubbing his hand on my back. "She'll show up at the airport tonight. Don't worry." 

I just hope so. There's nothing else I can do but wait. 

We go back to the hotel, again, without Allyson. I'm not liking how the guys are looking at me like I lost a million dollars. They keep on comforting me and giving me encouragement, and it's becoming more and more annoying. 

"Let's go," our manager gathers all of us in the van that would take us to the airport. 

You know the feeling when you get up very early on a Christmas day excited to open your gift and see there's nothing under the tree for you? That's what I'm feeling right now. Disheartened.

"Mark, don't.." Jackson's about to console me again. 

"SHUT UP!" I shout at him in frustration. 

He puts up both hands at his sides and backs away. There's only an hour remaining before we board the plane, and I already have a feeling that Allyson's not gonna show up. 

And I was right. She's not coming. Not at all. I guess she's really mad at me. I take out my phone and send her one last message. 

'I'm sorry. I guess I've made you mad again, didn't I? We're leaving. I hope everything's fine with you and your sibs. Take care always.' 

And that was it. I go back to Korea but my heart is left somewhere in Seattle where I couldn't find it.