24 - Mark Tuan, Do You Like Me?

I try to approach Mark that night, with the intention of asking him about all these very confusing things he's doing. But, I find myself backing away. I don't know how to ask him. 

'Hey, Mark. Do you like me or something?'

How the fuck would I ask him without sounding so cocky? It'd be embarrassing if he tells me that I'm just misunderstanding his actions. No...I wouldn't want that. 

I just watch him from where I'm seated, four tables away. He catches me staring and gives me a smile. I quickly look away, feeling so damn stupid at what I'm doing. 

"Just tell him already," Tara sits beside me, giving me a bottle of beer. 

"Shut up!" I tell her, rolling my eyes at her and drinking straight from the bottle. 

Suddenly I feel an arm on my shoulder. I am about to fling it away when Mark whispers in my ear."Just ride along."

"What?" I look at him and furrow my brows. 

Just then a girl approaches our table. I believe it's the same girl he brought home when I just got back from Wando. 

She puts her hands on her hips and raises an eyebrow. "Mark?"

As if he didn't see her earlier, he turns to her, looking surprised. "Hey!" He nods at the girl, his arm still on my shoulder. And I just sit there silently, looking up at the girl whose nose is already fuming. 

"What is this? I thought you're gonna call me?" 

"Oh," he grins, "Sorry. Anyway," he looks at me, "Babe, this is Hyeji. Hyeji this is my girlfriend, Allyson."

Did he just say girlfriend? Although I have a very confused looked, my insides are jumping and celebrating inside. Girlfriend? I stare at him. 

"Girlfriend?" Hyeji raises her eyebrow higher, leaning forward on the table. "You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend."

"I didn't?" He smirks, "Sorry." 

"Mark!" She yells. 

"What?" He pulls me closer as he looks at the girl. "Can you just leave us alone?" How can he be so calm? 

The girl turns on her heels but not before giving me a death glare. 

"What was that about?" I ask Mark, flinging his arm away from my shoulder. 

"She's just so annoying." He says, crinkling his nose, "She's always following me around."

"Maybe because you're clearly showing her you want to take her to bed," I voice out loud without thinking. 

"Hey!" He elbows me, "I don't."

"Yes you do. You were kissing her just last week when you took her home." Ooopppsss..... Did I just say that out loud? I want to put a plaster on my mouth. Shit! 

"You saw that?" He turns his chair and faces me, taking my shoulders to face him, too. 

I'm caught anyway. "Yes, I did. So don't tell me you didn't have sex for more than a month cause I clearly saw you with her." I scoff. 

He chuckles. "We didn't do it." He flicks my forehead and I roll my eyes at him, rubbing the part he just hit. "And you didn't open your door when I knocked?" 

I just take my bottle and drink. 

"So," he takes the bottle from me and puts it on the table. He then turns my chair so I would be facing him again. "You're mad because you thought we did?" 

"Why would I be?" I raise my brow, trying to keep a straight face. But, there's crazy pounding already on my chest as he smiles and leans forward, kissing the tip of my nose.