26 - Home

"We...We're going to S...Seattle?" I still can't believe it even if I can see my name written on the ticket I'm holding. 

"Yup!" He grins again, "our manager has booked us an event in Tacoma. I thought you might want to come." 

Of course, I'd love to. It's just too much of a coincidence that something goes wrong back home and the boys decide to go there. 

"Wait, what about my work?" 

"I already took care of that, Allyson. Don't worry, ok?" 

My happiness makes me throw my arms around him. "Thank you, Mark!" I say, kissing his cheek without thinking. I only realize what I did when a blush creeps up his cheeks. I quickly pull away and look down at the ticket to hide my own red face. 

Mark pushes me up the stairs to our apartment, rushing me to pack since the boys are already waiting at the airport. I grab only the necessary things since I still have some clothes back home. We take another taxi to the airport and the next thing I know, we're already landing. 

"Thank you," I just can't stop being grateful to him. He smiles back at me, pinching my cheeks. 

"No problem," he answers. "Now, go and fix your problem. I'll give you the address of the hotel so if you need anything...."

He stops talking when I hug him again. "I don't know what to say, but thank you. I'll make it up to you." I whisper. "I promise."

"Everything's gonna be ok, Allyson." Then he takes out another ticket from his bag. "If you decide to go back to Korea with us." 

After saying my goodbyes and thanks to the boys, I get in another taxi and ask the driver to take me home.....

____

Before I could get to my brother and sister, I have to deal with the bitch first. So, I gather all my courage as I step out of the taxi and tread the path leading to the front door of our house. 

"Allyson?" My mother is surprised to see me. She stands behind the screen of the door longer than necessary before opening it to let me in. "What are you doing here?"

"I should be the one asking you that, mom. What are you doing here?" I scoff at her, going in the living room and putting my bag down at the couch. She nervously follows behind me. I can see that she's a bit scared because she's biting on her nails and glancing up the steps to the second floor. I'm guessing, the man is up there and she doesn't want him to hear anything that we're gonna talk about. 

"This is my home, too." She says, and I want to slap her for that. 

"I thought you were living with that other man you ran away with three years ago. What happened to him?" I scowl at her. 

"He left me, ok. Turned out, he's married." 

I let out a disgusted grunt. "And so, you decide to get another man and let him stay in my house?" I yell. 

Her expression changes from scared to pleading. "Please...just for the meantime. We're planning on moving to Chicago. See, he got a job offer there and we would be leaving next month."

"Next month?" I shout again, not caring if the man upstairs could hear. "You're staying here that long? How could you? If it were just you then I'll probably let you. But...." I grit my teeth and close my eyes, taking a deep breath. "But, you have to let another stranger in. Don't you remember what the other guy did to Andrea? How about the one before that? Do you recall what he did to Drew and me? Are you even thinking?"

"He's different!" She tries to defend him but I don't want to hear any of this crap. 

"Leave now or I'll call the police." I threat, raising an eyebrow to show how serious I am.