8 - So Close

She still didn't say she likes him, did she? 

All eyes are on me when I leave her room and go to where the boys are. "What?" I ask them, yawning and stretching.

"So?" Bam has a grin on his face and so do all of them. 

"So?" I mimic, furrowing my brows. 

"Did we win or not?" Jackson's voice is too loud. I had to cover his mouth and put one finger over mine to tell them to keep it low. Allyson might hear it. 

"Tell us," Junior whispers. 

I shake my head and JB throws a pillow at me. "Slow."

"At least Alexander didn't get to her yet," I defend myself, keeping my voice low. 

"That's not what matters here, Mark. You have to do it before he does." Junior says matter of factly. 

"It's just..." I try to find a suitable reason. I know they're expecting me to have done it already. We just spent the night together in one room. "The timing's off." I say, not fully convinced myself. 

"And when is the right time?" Jackson raises an eyebrow at me, "Ten years from now?"

"Pssshhh..." JB rolls his eyes. 

If it were any other girl, I would have grabbed the chance already. But, it's Allyson we're talking about. The most difficult girl to handle. 

"Are you going soft on her now?" Youngjae asks, shaking his head in disbelief. 

"Of course not," I answer too fast. "Let's just clean up, shall we?" Or else we'll be hearing non-stop nagging from the girl again. I pull their lazy asses up one by one, trying to avoid any more questions from them. 

Allyson comes out of her room, all dressed up. I just sigh since I know where she's going - on a date with Lim.

"Where are you going?" Bam asks her, looking at her from head to toe. 

"What do you care?" Here she goes with her attitude again. She skips towards the door, "Laters, guys." I think I even hear her whistling a tune after she closes the door behind her. Is she really that happy to see him? 

I should do something to prevent this date, right? But, I'm not just in the mood. All my energy has left me. 

The guys look at me, mentally asking me where she's going. "They have a date," I sigh. 

"What????" They all look at me shocked. I just shrug my shoulders - it's the only thing I can do at my current state. "You're letting her go just like that?"

"What do you want me to do?" I raise my voice, "Lock her up so she can't go out?"

"I need to go, too," Youngjae says, running out the door before I can even scold him for escaping his chores. 

"And where's he going?" JB asks me. I just shrug my shoulders. Don't know, don't care. 

____

"Would you want me to stay here with you?" Jackson asks after our lunch. 

I just look at him, not understanding what he meant by that. 

"You know...to watch you mope..." he snickers. 

I pull him out of the chair and push him towards the door, bolting it so he can't come back and insult me more. I can hear his hyena laugh as his footsteps fade towards the stairs. 

I hate it when they do that. I notice they laugh at me more and more often nowadays. Because of this damn bet, I'm becoming less and less like my old safe. And I hate it. My image is slowly crumbling. What if at the end of the month, there's no more image left to uphold? Is this even worth it?