Hey… look at me being anxious of a two-year-old! I really needed to get a hold of this paranoia!

“Yeah… I’m ready.” I finally answered as we drove into the parking lot of fair grounds.

A sudden burst of excited screams filled my ears and I giggled at the little boys’ big round eyes. It was such a tender moment that I quickly took a picture of their angelic faces. I blinked at the bright flash then looked at the picture and was surprised to see Tristan’s funny face in the picture too!

I let out a loud laugh at the hilarious picture that was surely going to be my favorite forever! I he got out of the car and headed for the backseat to get the barely tame-able twins out of their car seats.

Taking his lead, I also got out, unbuckling a child as they were getting impatient. By the time I was done and had picked Gideon up, who was the one who had been sitting behind me; Tristan had already gotten the twin stroller out of the trunk of the Jeep and was strapping Graham in.

We got the boys settled in, nursery bag and all, and started heading for the entrance of the fair. A surge of panic rose within me as I took in the hundreds of people walking around the huge place; the loud screams coming from faris wheel and other rides in the distance. I was glued to the spot as I stared.

Tristan appeared next to me and gave me an encouraging squeeze and smile.

“Don’t worry so much, babe, it’s just the fair.” He said with mock concern and kissed my forehead, proceeding to push the stroller towards the entrance, motioning for me to follow him.

I sighed and forced myself to calm down and try to enjoy this day, Tristan was right… it’s just a fair, what could possibly go wrong?

Deciding to stop stressing I smiled and followed behind Tristan, let’s go have fun!!

***

My head snapped back as I let out a loud roar of laughter.

We were parked at a bench at the food court to rest and have lunch before we would head to the last ride for the day, the famous “Circle-y”; it was tradition to leave it for last, to keep it as the last memory for the day.

I was laughing at Tristan’s annoyed face as he glared at the boys accusingly. For the third time in the last five minutes a piece of sausage had smacked Tristan in the forehead, obviously coming from the directions of the twins who were ‘innocently’ enjoying their hotdogs… well without the sausage.

They giggled condescendingly, pretending not to know what their dad was so angry about.

“I swear to sands Graham, if you throw your food one more time, I will drown you in milkshake!!” he said warningly at the child. It was no secret that we all knew who would test his father’s patience so much between the two, and it definitely wasn’t sweet and quiet Gideon, who thinking about it, was also looking guilty right now.

I winked at them knowingly and turned back to Tristan, “Yeah, you were saying?” I said, trying to keep him calm as I could see how his patience was warring out.

He continued to glare at them for a moment longer and slowly turned back to me, seemingly letting go of the attack.

“Yeah, oh right!” he started, getting back into what we had been talking about.

 I had just expressed that I hated the fact that both our dads were against us being together and extremely hurt that my dad still refused to talk to me.

 “My dad knows I am not bluffing when I say it’s either he is on board or not,” he continued, “and if not then we cut ties completely. I cannot have the world on our backs and still have to deal with family being against us as well. But believe me baby, we are in this together, we will get through—”