Old feelings

Jermaine's POV

"Their here. They came over about ten minutes ago"

"they could have said something. Do they have any idea the things that was going through our minds when we got home!? What the fuck were they thinking just taking off like that without a word or a note or anything!" Joseph snaps down the phone. "obviously they weren't thinking. They got a fright when that letter from Jessica came and they just ran" he sighs and doesnt saying anything for a moment. "their definitely ok?" He asks in a calmer tone. "their still a little shaken, but other than that their ok. I don't know what the hell that hospital was thinking just posting a letter through the door like that without giving them any kind of warning" I frown "well I'll be calling them first thing in the morning and get to the bottom of it" he says sternly and still as pissed off as everybody else about the letter.

After finishing my call I turn and see Aisha coming into the living room nervously. "what's wrong?" I asks softly walking over to her. "I um.. I went to see if Michael and ocean were ok and see if they were hungry" she mutters "please don't say they've gone!" I panic and she shakes her head. "then what? Did they say something to you?"

"no. They didn't see me. The door was open slightly and... Um.."

"at what?" I frown getting a little irritated. "I saw saw them um.. Injecting something. Their still taking that stuff" she finally says nervously and I sigh. "it's not heroin. It's methadone. The doctors gave it to them" I explain and she looks at me confused. "but they got over their addiction months ago"

"yes but when.. You know.. The whole time they were there Mollie was injecting them with heroin and the doctor gave them that stuff to help and don't worry. they've handed over all their medications and needles and stuff to me and I'm the one that gives it them when they need it. So they don't take too much or start abusing it. Their fine trust me"

"but why? They didn't need anything like that last time"

"yes, but they hadn't been kidnapped and tied up and have someone injecting them and trying to sell them on some kind of sex market last time or crazy women stealing their kids. Do you really think us locking them in a room will help? Those kids have been traumatised enough without us adding to it" I frown trying to keep my cool. Even though Mollie and her brother have been arrested for multiple charges of the same thing and other stuff. It's still makes me angry just thinking about it. Luckily there was enough evidence and other stuff to charge them so Michael and Ocean didn't have to go to court, but they still had to give statements and even then they were trembling because they were so terrified.

"do you really think them being here is a good idea though?" Aisha asks bringing me from my thoughts. "why wouldn't it be?" I shrug "you know. With everything that happened last time they were here. It didn't exactly go well and that was before all of this. Plus it's not just the two of them and one baby anymore.  they also have two toddlers and a new born plus all this and plus their fighting a drug addiction. Can we even trust that they won't go back to that lifestyle?"

"are you serious!?" I snap and she shrugs "I'm just saying. Maybe all of them being here is a little too much. Look what happened last time"

"and why did they take off huh? Because of me! Let's face it. None of this would of happened if I hadn't have done what I did with Ocean. And you didn't exactly help either!" I snap in a hushed tone "what are you talking about? I didn't make them leave. It was your kid they aborted not mine. This was all you" so don't blame me just because you feel guilty she snaps back. "oh really? Have you forgotten what you did to Michael?" I raise and eyebrow at her "he was a mess and was missing his medication and you took advantage of him. And you wanna talk about trust. What about you? Can you be trusted to keep away from Michael?"

"of course I can. That's all in the past and..."

"and so is what's happened with Michael and Ocean. So quit being so selfish" I frown and push past her, leaving the room.

**********

Michael's POV

Jermaine comes up stairs and stops when he sees me. "I was just gonna come to give you these" I mumble handing the needles we used for our medication over him. "thanks. Where's Ocean?" He smiles through pursed lips "she's sleeping and so our the kids" I mumble. "you should try and get some sleep too. It's been a hard day for you all"

"we can go if you want" I mutter awkardly "you were listening to that?" He sighs talking about his conversation with Aisha and I nod "if us being here is a problem for you. We'll just go back to our house and..."

"no you won't" he cuts me off. "you two need somone to take care of you both right now and even if you didn't. Nobody's gonna send you back to that house. I saw how terrified you got when we went to get your stuff. You don't have to go back there"

"But Aisha clearly doesn't want us here and.."

"don't worry about her. She's just in one of her moods you know what she's like" he chuckles slightly under his breath trying to lighten the mood. "your all welcome here whenever and for however long you want. You don't have to feel guilty about asking me for help" he smiles at me through pursed lips and I smile back the same way "thanks. And you know you don't have to feel guilty either. What happened to us wasn't your fault"

"yes it was" he sighs "If I hadn't have done what I did or if I'd stopped you both from leaving then..."

"it wouldn't have made a difference. Let's face it we were already going down that road even without what happened with you and Ocean or me and Aisha" I cut him off  "we're the ones to blame. We could have said no to all of that, but we didn't"

"you guys weren't yourselves or in the right frame of mine then and me and Aisha took advantage of that and I'm so sorry" I croak feeling guilty for what I did with Ocean. "we still didn't say no. Just like we didn't say no to the heroin or the coke and that's what our main problem was. Instead of saying no and dealing with our problems, we always said yes and took the easy way out. This was all us. We were to blame for what happened to us. not you or anybody else"

"I can't let you take all the blame" he sighs "fine. If it makes you feel any better. We'll say your half to blame" I roll my eyes playfully. "deal" he laughs slightly under his breath shaking my hand.

**********

Aisha's POV 

I still feel bad about the conversation I had with Jermaine earlier. I know I sounded selfish suggesting it was better Michael and Ocean shouldn't be here and that it would be hard with their problems as well as their kids. I actually really like their kids. Their really well behaved and well mannerd especially for toddlers. And I know Michael and Ocean aren't going to be having any wild parties or going out all night leaving their children behind so I can understand Jermaine not having a problem with them being here, but when we were arguing he asked me if I could be trusted and the truth is, I don't know. I pushed my feelings for Michael aside a long time ago and haven't thought about him in that way in so long, but I'm worried him being here is going to make all those old feelings come flooding back. He's only been here two hours and already I haven't been able to stop thinking about him.