Understanding

Joseph's POV

"Are you feeling comfortable having Joseph sitting with us today?" John Michael and Ocean's therapist asks Michael and he nods. "and what's the purpose for him being with us today?"

"I already told you why" I cut in "Joseph, its very important we let Michael speak during his session"

"he thinks me and Ocean are sick again and doesn't understand what's been going on with us" Michael explains. "and what has been going on?" He asks him softly and I sit and listen as Michael very casually tells him what happened with their trails and what he did to James.

"do you remember attacking him?"

"why wouldn't he?" I frown "I didn't black out if that's what you mean?" Michael answers him ignoring me. "and how do you feel about what happened?"

"I feel more confused then anything. Because all I did was defend my wife and everybody's getting mad at me for it. And then my dad wanted me to stay at the new house all by myself"

"we're mad because..."

"Joseph. You need to let Michael talk" John says calmly then turns back to Michael. "did you stay by yourself?"

"for a little bit, but I felt scared so I went home to Ocean"

"was she one of the people who was mad at you?"

"No, because she knows I was keeping her safe"

"and how are things with you two?" He asks and Michael smiles for the first time since we came in the room. "we're doing great! And we're trying to get custody of DJ again now our trails are over and we have a really good chance this time and um..." He pauses for a moment and smiles through pursed lips. "I'm gonna give Ocean another baby!" He says excitedly. "Ocean's pregnant!?" I frown cutting in and John looks at me raising and eyebrow and once again turns back to Michael. "your expecting another child?" He smiles at him and Michael shakes his head "we thought she was a week ago, but it was a false alarm" he sighs disappointedly. "I don't know why it's taking so long this time. I've been doing all the same stuff I did with DJ and Nevaeh, but nothing yet"

"you raped her again!?" I snap knowing that's exactly how DJ and Nevaeh were conceived "I never said that! I don't hurt her"

"do you mean you were more forceful?" John asked softly and Michael nods "but, she lets me do it. If she says no then I stop straight away. I don't hit her or anything like that. She wants me to do it. We both want to" he says nervously "she wants you to ra..."

"like role play?" John cuts me off yet again and Michael nods.

*

After John cuts me off I sit quietly thought out the rest of the session and after the hour is up. Michael agrees that I can speak alone with his therapist and goes and waits outside with Ocean who's waiting for him in the waiting room.

"so what happens now? Will you be upping his medication or..."

"there's no reason to up his dosage or change his medication. He's fully aware of what he's doing and hasn't been blacking out" John shrugs. "he's just sat there and told you he attacked a man and has been raping his wife!" I frown confused. "he never said that he raped her and as for attacking James. As far as Michael is concerned he was protecting Ocean. His aggression isn't coming from his illness, it's coming from what he's been taught"

"he wasn't taught any of those things he just sat there and said" I shake my head. "maybe not intentionally, but you being so aggressive towards him has taught him that, that's the way he's supposed to act. Michael has told me about the way you were with him as a child and..."