You did the right thing

Michael's POV 

I try to call Ocean to find out where they are but she doesn't pick up so. I decide to just go and look for them anyway. I need to see them now and I need to tell Ocean that I forgive her. A lot of men would walk away if they found out that a child they've been raising wasn't their's or if their wife cheated but I can't do that. None of this is Nevaeh's fault, she never asks to be born. And I'm not gonna treat her any differently just because she's not biologically mine. She's still my daughter and Ocean's my wife and I need to bring them home.

As I'm unlocking my car Jermaine pulls up coming home from work and straight away he can see somethings wrong.

*
Ocean's POV

Once Nevaeh's asleep I put and extra baby blanket over her to make sure she stays warm then kiss her softly on her temple and say one last goodbye then turn to leave.

As I'm walking out of the park I start taking deep breaths fighting the urge to start crying again.

*
Michael's POV

"Are you serious!?" Jermaine asks shocked when I tell him. "I've tried calling her but she's not picking up"

"Why don't you just wait here. It's getting dark so I'm sure they'll be home soon" he suggests and I shake my head. "I can't just sit around the house and wait for them. There's things I need to say"

"But you don't even know where they are. Why not just stay here and when they get back, you can put Nevaeh to bed and you and Ocean and sit and talk and work out what you both want and what your gonna do" I sigh trying to think what would be best. I know they'll be home eventually and Jermaine's right I should just wait and say anything then, but I'm not sure if I can wait that long.

*
Ocean's POV

I've been sitting in a cafe for about an hour just staring out of the window watching people walking by. I thought I'd feel better knowing that I was leaving Nevaeh for her real parents to find her, but I don't... I just feel empty inside. I wish I could give Michael the daughter he's always wanted, but I have no idea where she is. And pray that one day we'll find her and we can bring her home. Just like Nevaeh's parents have their baby back.

My thoughts are distracted when I get another phone call and again it's Michael and I don't answer it, but I know I can't avoid him forever.

*****

When I get home I stand at the front door for a moment and take a deep breath to brace myself before I finally go inside. I open the door and and I'm greeted by Michael standing at the door waiting for me. "W- what are you doing?"

*

Michael's POV

"W-why do you have her?" Ocean stutters looking at me confused. "I came to fine you, and I saw you walking away... Why did you do that?"

"You have to take her back.. I already told you, you can't have her... she's not yours. ... You shouldn't have brought her back" she croaks shaking her head. "Ocean, you abandoned her in a park! I'm not just gonna leave her there!" I look at her still in shock at what she did. "I came to tell you that I didn't care that you cheated on me and that I still loved you both... Did you really think I want you to just abandon her like that!?"

"I've never cheat on you!" She snaps and I look at her even more confused "but you said she wasn't mine"

"She not! And I didn't abandon her! I left her their for her parents to come and find her"