Moment of truth

Jessica's POV

I woke up this morning and instinctively went into Duncan's room. I opened the door and sighed to myself remembering that he was still with Ocean and Michael. Last night was the first night he's ever stayed away from me over night and I've barley slept wondering if he's ok or not.

After finishing getting ready. I go downstairs to check the mail but it's not there. "have you taken the mail?" I ask Sherri going onto the kitchen and she shakes her head "then where is it?" I snap "it's not arrived yet. What the problem"

"nothing. I'm sorry" I sigh taking a deep breath to calm myself. "we'll find out their decision soon enough. But in the mean time try to relax" she says softly. "they should be back soon" I say nervously looking at the clock. "it's only 8am they have three more hours"

"I wonder what he's doing right now. Do you think they would have given him breakfast by now?"

"it's 8am on a Saturday. Their probably still in bed"

"I should call them and.."

"no, your going to spend the next three hours busying yourself and stop worrying. He'll be back with us soon enough. Which is exactly where he belongs.

**********

LaToya's POV

I'm at the coffee house with my friend Mollie and I see Jessica come through the door. "who's that?" Mollie asks noticing my sudden change of mood "Jessica" I frown "Ocean's mother?"

"if that's what you wanna call it" I scoff "I CAN hear you, ya know!?" Jessica says sitting a few tables away from us. "you were meant to" I say with an attitude. "what kind of mother stands up in court and says lies like that about her own daughter... And all protect a peadophile" I scrunch my face in disgust. "and how would you know what happened when she was living with me? Your brother even admitted to sneaking in her room at nights. How do you know she wasn't doing the same with other boys huh? Were you there!?" she snaps coming over to me. "no, but I was there when they had DJ an they were great parents and still are and you know full well Ocean wouldn't sleep around she loves Michael"

"oh, please! I heard what went on when they were living with Jermaine and Aisha. It was nothing, but a drugs and sex free for all and as for GREAT parents. What kind of man RAPES and beats their child's mother!? And what kind of parents have their baby living in a drug house with them!? I'm not the bad person in all this. He was taken from them for good reason! And the courts will see that too" she snaps. "you know it funny how you can forgive and protect the man that abused your daughter at 8 years old! Yet you still hate my brother. Michael knows what he's done in the past was wrong and Ocean forgave him and THEY forgave YOU!"

"for what!?" She frowns confused "for STEALING their son! I have know idea why, but they did! Do you have any idea what that did to them!? That little boy is their world, both of their children are and you just took him them out of spite. They were traumatised enough from what happened to them as kids and you go and take away the only good thing in their life. No wonder they turned to drugs!"

"I didn't steal him! He was taken away because he was neglected and..."

"he fell and broke his arm! They didn't push him off the sofa or neglect him! It was and accident! And you know full well he was taken away wrongfully and so will the courts!" I snap back "we'll see about that" she smirks cockily at me. "is their a problem ma'am?" The manger off the coffee house asks coming over to us. "this woman is harassing me" I point at Jessica. "no I'm not! You started with me! You need to throw this woman out!" Jessica turns to the manager. "actually Ms Jackson is a very good customer of ours and from what I've saw your the one storming over to other peoples tables yelling at people. So could you please go back to your table or leave my coffee house" he says calmly.

she's about to speak when my phone starts ringing. "hey Michael" I smile answering his call. "what? calm down I have no clue what your saying" I tell him trying to hear what he's talking about. "what's happened!? Is Duncan ok!?" Jessica cuts in and I put my hand up for her to be quiet. "Michael, I can't understand you while your all hysterical. I'll come over"

I hang up the phone and Jessica is still flipping out. "I'm gonna have to go, but we'll catch up soon ok" I turn Mollie quickly getting my things together. "I'll give you ride" she says getting up and I shake my head. "it's fine. I have my car"

"you better tell be what the hell is going right now! I swear if that psycho brother of yours has gone ANYTHING to my baby! I swear I'll..."

"HIS baby. Not yours!" I cut her off pushing past her and quickly make my way to their house.

**********

Jessica's POV

I charge out of the coffee shop after LaToya and stop her as she's about to get into her car. "what the hell is going on!?"

"well I don't know you do I!? You wouldn't shut up and let me hear!" She snaps opening the car door. "well I'm coming with you!"

"the hell you are! If it concerned you then they call you!"

"I heard screaming! I'm not just gonna stand here and..."

"and neither am I. Good bye!" She says harshly and slams the car door shut driving off.

**

I quickly hurry home and Sherri stops me at the door. "what's happened!?" She asks seeing the worried look on my face and I tell her what's happened while trying to find my keys. "I'm gonna go round there! I don't care what time the arrangement to bring him back was!"

"but you don't even know where they live. You can't just drive around hoping to find them"

"watch me! You didn't hear what I heard and even LaToya was telling Michael he was being hysterical. I'm not gonna sit here and do nothing!" I snap at her. "then call Abby and tell her what's going on. She'll have their address and she'll go straight round there and find out" Sherri says calmly and I sit at the kitchen table trying to compose myself before I speak to her.

As I'm about to start dialing, I notice the mail on the table. "when did this get here?" I ask Sherri and she shrugs. "not sure Carson must have put in there"

As the phone is ringing I look through the mail and see one with my name on it and look at the stamp then quickly hang up the phone and stare blankly at the unopened letter. "what is it?" Sherri looks at me confused. "it's the letter from the courts" I mutter shakily then tear open the envelope.

**********

Michael's POV

"I can't believe this is happening!" Ocean says shakily after we read the letter out loud for the millionth time. There's a knock at the door and as soon as I open it LaToya comes rushing through the door "what's happened!?" She says panicky "t-the the came from the courts! An and" I stutter trying to get my words out. "here!" Ocean cuts in passing the letter to her and she goes silent for a moment reading it. "oh my God" she sighs, placing her hand over her mouth "so does this means?"

"yup! Can you believe it! DJs coming home!" We both squeal excitedly.