Just the three of us

Michael's POV

"It's ok princess.. Mommy and daddy will be back real soon, I promise" I sooth Nevaeh handing her to Jermaine. "You sure you don't wanna take her? The car ride might help her settle?" Jermaine suggests "She's not coming"  Ocean says dryly, putting her coat on to go and get DJ with me. "Your gonna have to tell them soon. Nevaeh's almost two months and...."

"We will. When we're ready" I cut him off and he takes a deep breath and sighs. "You can't hide her forever... Nobody's gonna take Nevaeh from you both. I promise you"

"They had no problem taking DJ" I  shrug. "I no your both scared but, she's your daughter and they will find out sooner or...."

"We have to go" Ocean cuts him off opening the front door. I kiss Nevaeh's forehead then turn to Ocean who's stood impatiently by the door for me. "Aren't you gonna say goodbye?" I ask and she shakes her head. "She'll only start fussing again. Best leave her while she's settled... C'mon we're gonna be late" she says motioning me to the door.

***

Jessica's POV

After getting Duncan ready I head upstairs to apply some makeup to cover up yet another one of Duncan's scratching fits. "That little fucker scratched you again!?" Sherri  snaps coming into the room. "He's just going through a phase" I shrug. "He's little brat is. what that child needs is a good spanking!"

"I've already done that. There's no need for you to do it too" I turn to face her. "If I did it he'd soon stop!... He probably gets it from his father. You know what their kind are like"

"Do you think he's seen Michael hitting Ocean during his visits with them?"

"Wouldn't surprise me" she scoffs "that's what people like them do. They beat and cheat on their women every chance they get. And we've seen the evidence of both of that from Michael... If she'd have chosen that nice white boy Tony, none of this would have happened"

"Well Ocean only has herself to blame. I wonder if she's figured out about Michael's other baby yet"

"Jessica, the child is the double of Michael, even Ocean can't be that stupid. Michael's a conniving little rat and he probably gave her some old sob story to talk her round. Same as when he beats her. I've seen it all before. The man beats and cheats on his girlfriend then cries and says how sorry he is and the girl stupidly stays with him because he's going to changed"

***

"So it's just going to be the three of you this week?" I asks innocently when Ocean and Michael come to collect Duncan. "Why wouldn't it be?" Ocean shrugs "no reason.. I was just wondering if your friend would be there with her baby again this week"

"Well she's not" Michael shrugs, taking Duncan and strapping him in the car seat. "She's a pretty girl"

"I guess" Michael shrugs uninterested. "Sweet little baby she has... Is the father still around?"

"Does it matter?" Ocean frowns "just making conversation" I smile innocently. "Aisha's, Jermaine's girlfriend... Not that it concerns you!" Michael says defensively and quickly makes his way into the car. I'm about to speak when Randy comes charging over. "Mike!. You guys going to Jermaine's?"

"Um.. No where gonna go out for the day"

"Anywhere in particular?" I ask couriousily. And he looks at me with a blank expression then turns back to his brother. "Well can you drop me off? I gotta go somewhere"

"The visitation agreement was that you two get to see DJ for the day" I say sternly. "Sure we can" Ocean smirks at me and he jumps in the front seat and Ocean gets in the back with Duncan And they quickly drive off.

"Did you see how agitated he got when I mentioned the baby? Michael's definitely been playing around. It was written all over his face" I turn to Sherri once them and the social worker leave. "And with is his own brothers girlfriend as well!" Sherri says widening her eyes.

***

Michael's POV

"So you guys definitely coming to the party next Friday?"

"Can't wait!" I smile. "So where do you need us to drop you off?" Ocean asks playing with DJ in the back. "I'm gonna go chill with some friends for awhile. "Your friends from the party?" I asks. And he nods "you guys gonna?..."

"yeah" He shrugs "you better be careful Joseph doesn't find out. You forgot what happened when he found out about us?" I point out. "I told mother and Joseph I'm staying at a friends to work on some homework so they won't even know about it"

"You got any pills on you now?" Ocean asks and he nods "yeah, you guys want some?" He asks handing me a bag of pills "sure" I nod and take them from him then hand them to Ocean and she opens the bag and tips them out the window. "You bitch! Why the fuck did you...."

"Don't call my wife a bitch!" I say sternly cutting him off. "But she just..."

"I can't believe you brought drugs in our car!" Ocean snaps at him. "Says you two! You had no problem taking them at the party or hiding the rest in your car then" he shrugs. "Not when we had a fucking baby with us we didn't!

He doesn't say anything and huffs sitting back in his seat. "We'll get you some more, but don't even take them around are kids" I sigh feeling a little guilty. "Kids?" He looks at me confused "I meant kid.... Obviously" I quickly backtrack realising what I said.

****

We pull up outside a house. And I leave Ocean and DJ in the car while I get some more pills with Randy. "Why didn't you get any for you guys?"

"I told you we have DJ with us today" I point out "well I'll see you guys at the party next week" he smiles and I smile back, then he leaves to go meet his friends. "Ok! Time to get home!" I smile getting back in the car. "Can't we stay out a little longer? We can take DJ to the park for awhile" Ocean mumbles. "Would you like to go to the park sweetie?" She coos at DJ. "There's a park near us. We'll go get Nevaeh and go there"

"Can't we just spend some time just the three of us for awhile?"

"Why don't you want Nevaeh to come?" I asks confused. "Michael, it's just for an hour or so! we see Nevaeh everyday. I just wanna have some alone time just you, me and DJ... We only see him once a week!" She snaps. "Fine, we can stay out for and hour then head back" I sigh not wanting to get in and argument. "Thank you" she mumbles then turns back to playing with DJ.

***

When we get back to the house Ocean is sat playing Legos on the floor with DJ and I go and sit beside them with Nevaeh. And Ocean moves away slightly, which was really weird but I chose not to say anything incase I was wrong and she was just trying to make some space for us to sit down  "So what are we building?"

"Mine and DJs dream house" She giggles continuing building with DJ and I lean over and peck her lips "and someday I'm gonna buy you guys the real thing" I smile at them.

*******

After we took DJ home it was pretty late, so we put Nevaeh to bed and I start getting ready for bed myself.

Once I'm done getting changed I go to the bathroom to check on Ocean, because she'd been in there a long time. I'm about to knock on and I can hear her sobbing slightly. I open the door and she's sat on the floor with her head on her knees. "Baby, what's wrong?" I ask softly kneeling beside her. "It's nothing, I just got my period again" she sniffles wiping her tears. "That's it?" I frown confused "I'm sorry" she whispers looking at the floor. "Baby, You don't have to be sorry" I laugh slightly under my breath and wrap my arms around her. "Why don't you go get in bed and I'll go get you a hot water bottle and bring you up some warm milk" I smile through pursed lips and she nods and head to our room while I go downstairs, still confused by her reaction to getting her period. She did the same thing last month too. And she apologised then as well, which is even more weirder. It's not something that's ever bothered her or even me before so I don't get why she's so upset  now.