Worrying behaviour

Ocean's POV

"Are you sure everything's ok? You seem a little agitated today" John, Michael and I's therapist says and I smile and nod "everything's fine" I smile through pursed lips looking at the closed door, hoping Michael is still waiting on the other side for me. "He can't hear you" he says softly and I turn and face him confused. "Michael. He can't hear you. This session is completely confidential just like all of our sessions" he smiles. "But you can tell him... When I'm not here. How do I know you won't tell him when he sees you?" I whisper so Michael doesn't hear us. "We never discuss anything you say. Just like I don't tell you what he says" I look at him skeptically for a moment not saying anything. "Ocean, is there something you want to tell me? Something you don't want Michael to know?" He asks softly "their trying to take him" I whisper and he looks at me confused "who's trying to take him?"

"Them! Last week his mother called and when he didn't come to the phone she came to the house. She wanted to take him. Like my parents tried to do with me!" I whisper. "Why would they try and take Michael?"

"So they can turn him against me. Just like they tried to do with me but it didn't work, and now they have DJ their going after Michael"

"Ocean, Michael loves you. He wouldn't turn against you. Just like your son loves you and wouldn't turn against you either" he tries to reassure me. "But that's just it. I don't think Michael does love me anymore" John looks at me confused and I sigh taking a deep breath. "He doesn't.. You know?.. hurt me anymore"

"Your upset because he doesn't hit you?"

"Not that.. The other thing" I say feeling a little embarrassed telling him this "When we're.. you know?... intimate. He's always really sweet and gentle and he's always asking if I'm sure?"

"And that's a bad thing?"

"He never used to ask me. He'd just do it. I try to make him angry sometimes but..."

"Wait! You don't think he loves you because because he doesn't rape you anymore!? He frowns surprised. "Why else would he stop?" He sighs and takes a deep breath. "Michael didn't stop because he doesn't love you anymore I  he stopped does love you and he doesn't want you feeling scared of him.... Do you still love him?"

"Of course I do! And that's just it. I didn't feel scared of him. Yes it hurt but.. I knew he did it because he loved me. He'd tell me that. And even my mother told me that if your husband loves then sometimes they. You know?... Hurt you"

****
Michael's POV

I'm waiting outside the room while Ocean had her therapy session. Mines not until Thursday but I promised Ocean I'd come with her and wait outside the door.

I know it's supposed to be private between her and the therapist, but I've been listening at the door at what their saying. It really hurt me that Ocean thinks I don't love her anymore because I do and I'd do anything for her and she knows that. Well at least I thought she knew. I'm more worried about her telling him about people trying to get her and I can tell by the tone of his voice John worried too.

**
I hear them coming to the door and quickly rush back to the seat in the hallway. And when Ocean comes out she walks straight over to me and gives me a hug and I pull her in close. "Um, John can I speak to you a moment? It's about my appointment on Thursday" I lie. "Sure" he shrugs motioning me to come in and Ocean looks at me worried. "It's ok I'll be right back" I smile pecking her lips.

We get in the room and he closes the door behind us. "Um, about what Ocean said to you.. About people trying to take us..."

"Michael, you know full well I can't discuss that with you and these sessions our private. You shouldn't have been listening" he says sternly cutting me off. "Yeah I know and I'm sorry, but I just wanna explain what she meant about people taking us. She just meant our parents. Their always trying cause drama and break us up"