Tomorrow's a new day

Ocean's POV

It's been a week since I've been home and it still feels strange. Part of me is happy to be home with Nevaeh and Michael, but the other part feels empty. We've spoken to Jason about Jessica taking us to court and he said told us once we get the money for all the missed child support and the case is closed we can start trying to get visitation for DJ again. Yesterday was the first Saturday without seeing DJ and It broke me heart not getting to see him. Saturday's was the day we looked forward to all week. And now it feels like we're just going backwards and having to start all over again. Michael always promises we'll get him back someday and part of me believes him but the other part feels like we've lost him completely and pretty soon he's going to forget about us.

Jermaine and Katharine have been helping us out a lot and even though Michael and I have our worries about the future, they still remain hopeful and keep reassuring us that things are gonna work out and say we have to stay positive. Michael's working more hours at work and Katherine has agreed to come over and take care of Nevaeh during the day so I can go back to school. Since my old school is so far away, I'm going to be starting at a new school in this town. Which in a way is great I get to start at a fresh school where nobody knows me or about mine and Michael's past.

***
I'm laying out my clothes for tomorrow and Michael's comes in with Nevaeh. "You all ready for tomorrow?" I he smiles sitting on the bed. "It feels weird. I'm so used to being at home and being a mom" I shrug taking Nevaeh from him. "You don't have to be nervous. It's great your going back to school... Plus nobody gonna know about our situation at the new place so you won't have to worry about people staring and talking about you" he reassures me. "I never said I was nervous"

"Mommy's nervous" he coos at Nevaeh making her giggle. "I can't believe we have to wear a uniform at this place"

"Yeah, it terrible" he mumbles, biting his lower lip, looking over at the clothes laid out over my chair. "Pervert" I chuckle "I didn't say a word" he shrugs innocently taking Nevaeh from me. "Pretty soon it's gonna be your turn to go to school" he coos at her. "I can't believe how fast she growing. She'll be giving us attitude and bringing home boyfriends before we know it" I giggle and Michael shakes his head. "Attitude yes... Boys... Hell no! Not until she's 40... Then maybe I'll think about it" Nevaeh scrunches her face and blows a spit bubble at him "giving me attitude already huh?" He chuckles at her.

*****
Jermaine's POV

I'm in a cafe on my lunch break and I sigh rolling my eyes seeing Aisha walking in and come straight over to me. "Hey, I didn't expect to see you here" she smiles. "You know I come here everyday for lunch. What do you want?" I roll my eyes and she sits next to me. "I wanted to talk to you about us"

"There is no us.. Not anymore" I tell her coldly. "But there can be again" she smiles seductively caressing my thigh. "Why don't we go back to your place and we can talk some more?"

"I have to go back to work and I don't want you near the house. You already pissed Michael off coming back that night"

"I don't know what him and Ocean said to you but..."

"How do you know Ocean's back?" I cut her off confused. "Oh, um.. I went over to get some of my stuff and she was there... He didn't tell you?" She looks at me nervously. "Michael's been preoccupied with His wife and daughter. He must have forgot to pass the message" I shrug. "Sooo.. How are they doing?"

"Fine. No thanks to you though" I shrug. "Baby, I miss you. If their prepares to move on from what happened between me and Michael then I think we should give it another try too.. Plus it's not like I cheated, we broke up remember?"