Time to say goodbye

Jessica's POV

"w-what?" I stutter confused. "please don't make me say it again" Michael mumbles. "I've tried to have that love and feelings for her as I do Duncan and Nevaeh, but I just can't. But that doesn't mean I want to be safe and taken care of. The same way you feel about Ocean"

"and what about Ocean?" I say shakily "she doesn't have to know. Like you said, we'll tell people when I got here you'd already left. You've lost two children already and I can't imagine how hard that must be knowing you'll never get another chance by yourself. Ocean and I are young and healthy. We can more kids in the future, but right now I'm honestly ready to be a father again" he sniffles. "but I can't walk out of here unless I know she's going to be loved and taken care of"

"she be will I swear!" he nods looking at the ground and doesn't say anything for a moment. "when she's older... Will you tell her about me? You don't have to go into detail. Just that I wasn't ready to be father and that I let her go because I wanted her to go to good home. where she'd loved and cared for properly"

"I will. I promise" I smile at him through pursed lips and Marissa starts stirring "ssh. It's ok mommy's here" I say softly to her and hold her close and Michael smiles through pursed lips. "what does she look like?" He ask curiously "she looks just like you"

"poor thing" he chuckles slightly under his breath. "I um... I should probably go now" he mutters and turns to leave then stops in his tracks and turns back. "can I hold her?" He asks and I look at him nervously. "I just wanna say goodbye... I don't want her to grow up thinking her father just walked out on her mother without even so much as a goodbye"

"her mother?"

"I thought that's what you wanted.. To raise her as your own" he looks at me confused "I-I do and I will!" I stutter. "then you'll be the one she calls mommy" he shrugs. "can we say goodbye?" He asks nervously and I nod and he slowly yet nervously makes his way over taking her from me and I step back a little giving him and a Marissa their moment to say goodbye. He cradles her gently in his arms and looks down at her and sighs contently, smiling at her through pursed lips, then holds her close to his chest "I guess it's time to say goodbye" he mutters. I go to take her from him and he moves back, keeping a tighter grip on her "w-what are you doing?" I stutter and he doesn't say anything then turns and runs towards the door and I run closely behind him.

"Michael!!" I shout rushing out the door after him " Jessica Thompson. I'm arresting you for abduction and endangerment of a child" a large officer says handcuffing me. As he's reading me my rights and leading me down the corridor, I see Michael and Ocean sobbing as Michael hands Marissa over to Ocean. "No!- No! that's my daughter! not her's! He gave he to me! Ask him! He gave her to me! That's my daughter! not theirs!" I yell and they both look up shakily and Michael wraps his arms around the two of them and Michael's parents keep a tight hold of Duncan and Nevaeh as the police drag me away.

*********

Michael's POV

"I'm so sorry. I didn't any of that. I swear!" I sob looking at Princess holding and her and Ocean close to me. "I love you I promise. I'd never let you any of you go. I swear" I sob taking Vaeh and DJ from my parents and pulling them all close to me. "it's ok it's all over now my mother tries to comfort us as we continue crying hold our children close to us. "we're gonna have to take statements from you all and get you two back to the hospital" an officer says softly coming over to us. "N-no I'm not going back there!" Ocean stutters moving away from him "it's ok. Your all safe now and we're gonna have an officer around you both the whole time and..."

"their not going back there!" I cut him off "their all staying with me. I'm not letting them go" I say shakily. And he sighs sympathetically. "I understand your fears, but they both still need care and..."

"we'll keep them with us and make sure they get the proper care" my dad says and the officer looks at us seeing the fear on our faces at the thought of going back and sighs "I'll have to speak to the hospital and make sure it's ok first"

**********

Ocean's POV

we get to Michael's parents house and Michael has not left our side for a second. The four of us are lay in the bed together and the three children have fallen asleep and Michael and I lay holding each other not saying anything and LaToya walks in. "are you all OK?" She asks softly and we nod. "the police just called and told us Jessica has been taken to a psychiatric hospital and..."

"I don't wanna hear about her" I cut her off shakily and she nods. "everything going to be ok now. Your all safe" she smiles through pursed lips. "I'll let all get some rest"

after she leaves Michael and I break down once again. "I'm never gonna let anything bad happen to any of you every again. I promise" Michael sniffles holding me tightly.