"So is that cool with - Hayden? Were you even listening?" She asks as we stand outside of our US History class.

"To be honest, no? My brain is running everywhere. I can't focus when I'm at school Payt. Because all these assholes stare at me and say all these things behind my back." I tell her, pulling my roots.

"H." She frowns. I let out a deep breath before entering out class and sitting in the back as usual.

"Hey, look at your phone." Payton tells me.

I go to our messages and she send me a picture of my sitting on the sidewalk this morning. I smile a bit and roll my eyes. "Post it on Instagram. It's cute." She tells me and I nod my head.

'@/haydenforest: thx to payt procrastinating this morning, I had to sit on the sidewalk for ten minutes while she fixed her car:)'

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

'@/haydenforest: thx to payt procrastinating this morning, I had to sit on the sidewalk for ten minutes while she fixed her car:)'

"Hey." Payton frowns. "Wouldn't have been ten minutes if you got off your lazy ass and helped."

"Oops." I shrug and smile at her as she sticks her tongue at me. I laugh and try to finally pay attention to class right around the time I get a text.

Gray<3- Hot damn my baby is fire.
Gray<3- You're literally so cute.
Grays<3- Am I lucky or what? Man I miss you like crazy more and more each day. :(
Me- Shh I'm in class G. but I miss you more and I'm not as fire as my very awesome, intelligent and talented boyfriend. Share?
Gray<3- Oops sorry babe. We're both fire then, that's why we are couple goals. You're talented Hayden. YOU CAN SING LIKE WTF?
Me- Lmao gray. I'll get back to you later Ok? Muah.

"Grayson?"

"Huh?"

"Grayson is texting you?" Payton asks. I smile and nod my head feeling myself blush. Fuck you Grayson for making me feel so gittery over you.

After history, Payton and I make our way up to the second floor. As we do, Cole passes by with an evil smirk on his lips. I look over to Payt around the same time she looks at me. "He's up to something." She tells me.

"When isn't he?" I ask. We stand in the hall and watch him make his way to the commons on the second floor. He leans over a group of guys a table and whispers something to them as he looks over at me.

"Oh god." I say.

"That little fucker." Payton says making her way over to him. I search through my purse for my phone as it's buzzing like crazy. When I look down, tweet after tweet pop up on my phone from people at my school along with some of the twins fans.

I cover my mouth as the fans feed into the lies people are saying about me.

'@markislong: little miss innocent cheated on her 'famous' boy toy LMAO'

Markis started it all. I look at the table of boys that Cole had leaned over and he indeed was sitting there. I look over and see Payton yelling in Cole's face.

'@dolanspineapple: I knew she was no good for Grayson. I hope he isn't too heartbroken.'

'@goofydolan: I really liked them together/: all respect lost for this bitch. lmao.'

As I read the tweets that continue to pop in my notifications I feel tears prickle into my eyes. I just hope Grayson doesn't believe any of this. I wipe my tears on the back of my hand and walk over to Payton and Cole.

"You're an asshole. A major fucking asshole." I tell him through gritted teeth as I pull Payton away from him.

"Awe someone's upset." He teases.

"You have done nothing but make my life a living hell, Cole. Don't you get it? Are you trying to ruin me? I did nothing but treat you right when we were together. I loved you. Cared for you. But you are the one that did me wrong. You are the one that messed up so why are you still trying to torture me? You followed me to Jersey. Followed me to LA. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM ME COLE?" I say to him in front of everyone. "And now you are trying to ruin my happy relationship with someone who actually cares for me. Someone who wont cheat on me with my best friend! Fuck you and go to hell." I tell him. As I turn around to walk away I see my ex best friend standing behind Payton. She looks at me with guilt as I glare at her.

"You're not innocent Hayden. You left me multiple times."

"But I came back didn't I? I gave you chance after chance."

"I still love you Hayden. I love you. And I want you. Do you understand how it feels to have the person you love be with someone else?"

"Yes I do Cole. What you're feeling is how I felt when I walked in on you and her. You need to get over me because I don't love you." I remind him. His eyes meet mine as they grow dark and he flares his nose. He balls his hands into fist and breathes heavily.

"You're going to regret this." He whispers. I flip him off right when Payton grabs my arm and pulls me to the stairs and leads me to the parking lot.

When we reach her car, she unlocks it and we get in. "We're going to my house." She tells me and I nod my head quietly. I was beyond speechless of what just happened. I can't believe he is literally going out of his way to ruin my happiness because he ruined his with me.

I bite my bottom lip as I feel the tears form in my eyes. I turn toward the window so Payton couldn't see, and I'm happy she lives close to the high school anyways. As we pull up to her house, we get out and head inside.

I make my way into the bathroom and fall to the ground as the tears fall. This is exactly why I needed to stay in Jersey with Emercyn, my aunt and uncle. I was so much more happy there. I had my cousin, the twins, Haylee, Cami and everyone else. I shake my head at what just happened. I have to go back.

"H?"

I stand back up and wipe my tears for the second time today and open the door. When I do, Payton is pulling me into a huge hug and whispering in my ear that everything is going to be alright.

I hope so.

A/N: GUYS I AM SO SO SO SO SO SORRY THAT I HAVE BEEN AWAY FOR AWHILE. I HAD WRITERS BLOCK AND HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO WRITE NEXT.

THIS CHAPTER IS STILL COMPLETE CRAP BUT I KNEW I NEEDED TO UPDATE.

I PROMISE I WONT BE GONE THIS LONG EVER AGAIN 😁

xoxo :)