38. Caught In The Crossfire

Lydia-POV

"Kira, just wear this we have to go now.  The longer we are in hiatus, the fewer numbers the rest of the pack has.  It's good that we are pulling this trick up our sleeve and all, but in this situation, more people is better than less," I exclaim throwing a navy v-neck t-shirt at Kira's face. 

Kira pulls the fabric over her head and scans the rack. She picks up a gray faded jacket with an American flag on the left sleeve.  Kira puts the jacket on.  It's a little big on her small frame, but she wears it anyway.  She flips her inky black hair over the collar and checks herself out in the mirror. Kira pulls down the sides of her jacket to make sure that it is suitable for her. 

"Well, what do you know?"  I ask turning on my black leather boot heel.

"What?" Kira asks startled at my remark. She turns away from the mirror to face me.

"I never thought that I would see that old thing again," Kira looks perplexed by my comment.  "That's Scott McCall's old jacket from back in high school.  Mrs. McCall must have dropped some of Scott's clothes to this thrift shop," I say as Allison moseys over to Kira and straightens out the epaulets on the jacket. 

"It looks perfect on you,"  Allison smiles and sneaks her arms around Kira's neck to give her a hug.

I interrupt their sweet moment and say,  "we should go now." I tap my foot on the shaggy white rug waiting for the two to hurry up.

When we are ready to purchase our items and leave, I notice a familiar female at the cash register, "Ms. Morrell?  Is that you?" I squint my eyes at her trying to make sure that my eyes are not playing tricks on me.

"Lydia, Allison, Kira.  You can call me Marin now after all you are all adults," She says as we take a few steps towards her cash register.  Marin is wearing a cream color top and her hair is much shorter than it was when she was the high school guidance counselor.

"So Marin," Allison tests Ms. Morrell's real name coming out of her mouth.  "I suppose that you know what is taking place right now?" Allison asks raising one of her eyebrows.

Marin was careful choosing the words that came out of her mouth just like in high school.  "Word get's around.  But a little advice I gave to a young sophomore version of Stiles, Winston Churchill once said 'if you're going through hell keep going.' Don't stop this fight even if you're afraid that there are going to be casualties, because if you do then there will be definitely more.  But if you guys stand together it may just prevent someone or more from dying.   The whole reason this is happening is because they want to test your friendship.  They see this as a challenge or a game and they want you to put up a fight, but not a fight that will defeat them, just something to keep them entertained.  So in the end, if you stick together as a unit, a team, a force to be reckoned with, a pack then you will survive."

We nod in agreement at her response.  As Kira is about to take out the emergency stash of money she keeps in the pocket of her jeans Marin says, "it's my treat.  Consider this a small thank you." 

Kira puts her money back in her pocket and we all exit the store.  The silver bell makes a ding above the door frame and makes a quiet ringing noise as we exit I hear Ms. Morrell faintly wish us, "good luck." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

We drive past Eichen to check out the scene, we notice two people in black standing at the front gate. They weren't armed with guns instead claws were puncturing holes through the tips of their gloves along with the pack's cars. I drive around the block slowly again and ask the girls, "how do you want to take those guys out?"

"I got my sword," Kira replies.

Allison lifts up her crossbow.

"Right. So I was thinking that I will wait in the car while the two of you attack. Sound good?" Allison and Kira shake their heads side to side, disagreeing.

"Lydia, you do realize that you are stronger than you may seem right?" Allison asks placing her hand on my shoulder. "You're Lydia freaking Martin. You can do anything! You may not know how to work a sword like Kira or aim with a crossbow like me, but you are capable of defeating those attackers by yourself without your banshee scream," she says smiling at me. Kira nods at every word that Allison said.

"It's Lydia freaking Stilinksi! So what do you want me to do?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe I'm doing this?"

"You did it to Theo so what is the harm in doing it to strangers?" Kira asks fixing my hair.

"For starters, I only did that to Theo to get the bus and knock him out," we all turn around to find Theo still knocked out cold resting his head on one of the seats on the bus. "Second it was easy to do because I wanted to get back at him for Malia.  Then for personal reasons, let's just say I never got over him punching me in the face along with almost tearing apart and destroying Scott and Stiles' friendship."

"Lydia, don't worry about it now go, before we waste any more time," I pout at Allison's remark as she gives me a light shove on the shoulder.

I literally force myself to put a smile on my face. It was fake of course, but our targets wouldn't know that. I tug on the white cardigan I selected at the thrift shop that Marin worked at and flipped my long locks of hair over the soft cotton material.

Since we parked the bus down the block to not be obvious that there are a few more visitors taking a short trip to Eichen.  I saunter all the way towards Eichen in a pair of black leather boots, which surprisingly don't make my feet feel like they are being bitten by dozens of poisonous snakes. I swing my hips back-and-forth as I walk towards them and call out, "Winston... Winston... Winston... Boy, where are you? Winston," until I approach the two masculine figures dressed in black. I notice they put their claws behind their backs as I walk closer to them. "Hi guys, sorry to bother you, but have you seen a brown cocker spaniel, brown eyes, green leash, about yea big," I demonstrate putting my hand closer to the ground.

"Sorry mam, but we haven't seen any dogs tonight," the one on the left says while the other snickers.

"Are you absolutely positive, because my ex is going to kill me if I don't find him. It's just so hard being in a relationship these days, you know? The statistics show that almost every marriage ends in divorce. Divorce? I really thought my ex-was going to propose to me after I graduated from college. I know I was a bit of a party girl, but we all have our moments.  Right? I don't know why he even broke up with me in the first place, we were doing so good and now it's just over. I guess it has to do with after he gets back from his business trip he is taking his dog and moving back to Colorado," I fake weep as I collapse my arms over one of the guy's shoulders. "I don't seem like a bad girlfriend do I? But you know what as of right now he is a bad guy! He didn't even invite me to go with him," I raise my head from his shoulders and turn to the other guy. "What do you think? Am I just being too emotional over him?  Am I overreacting?"

They stare back at one another and I can tell they are confused and from the corner of my eye, I see Allison and Kira. Allison shoots a few of her arrows at one of the guards causing him to collapse face down on the ground. I duck and then Kira runs towards the other and stabs them in the abdomen.

"Lydia you did amazing!" Kira exclaims while giving me a high five and jumping up-and-down.

"Thank you! Thank you! I always thought that Theater Camp was just a waste of time and pointless, but let me tell you it pays off when you need it too," I reply.

"Well now that we have that settled let's go help everyone else," Kira boots the gates open and we walk up the pathway while Allison breaks the mountain ash border that surrounds Eichen.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe there will be a double update today because I just deleted like half of this.  Depends though or maybe tomorrow.  Just matters on wherther I'll have time to edit/continue to write.

Vote, Comment, Read

Thanks,

Rose :)