13. Nothing More Than A Puppet

Lydia-POV

I slowly open my eyes to find Stiles laying down next to me. He is still sleeping and our clothes are scattered across the floor in our room, his blue buttoned down with the red wine stain, my heels on the complete opposite side of the room, and the comforter laying on the floor. I lay there for a second, and all of my recollections from last night come rushing back to me. Every kiss, every touch, and every smile we shared with one another. Last night was probably one of the best nights I have had in a while.

I feel guilty for having these feelings for Stiles because Parrish was that person that I would be with for the rest of my life. I try to convince myself that Parrish would want me to be happy and find love again like I would want if the roles were reversed.

I gently lift Stiles' bangs up that fell flat during the night we spent together and kiss him on the forehead. I sneak out of bed, put on some comfy clothes, I grab my laptop, and I start typing away on the chair out on the balcony. I have an urge to write and my brain is spitting out story lines for the sequel. I am typing the last few pages of the story and I am thinking that it should end on a happy note. Summer and Miles have finally divulged their feelings for one another and decide they want to be together. I am almost finished typing the last chapter, therefore, I think I deserve a coffee break. I put my slightly closed laptop on the small table next to the chair and scurry off downstairs to make some coffee.

------------------------------------------------------

Stiles-POV

I wake up and I slip on some sweatpants. I am kind of hungry, so I decide to go downstairs, but before I go I notice that the door to the balcony is open. I go out to the balcony in search for Lydia and instead, I end up finding Lydia's laptop.  I decide to bring it inside because knowing her she probably forgot to bring it inside. Before I shut the lid, I notice the screen is still lit up, so I lift up the lid and there is a document on her laptop. I scan over the screen and the first thing I spot was a chapter titled The Final Chapter. Since when does Lydia write? Maybe she is a good writer? Maybe I should read it? I decide to read it and turns out her story includes Summer and Miles two characters from Lucinda Davina's Escape Route. I can hardly believe what I am reading. It's all based on me and Lydia's vacation. Is it just some fanfiction she wrote, because she is secretly obsessed with the book? If she liked the book, I feel like she would tell me because then we would have another thing in common. Is she the author? But then the thought about our relationship pops into my head, if she is the author are we just a couple, so she can write another New York Times Best-Selling Novel? Why would she use me like that? I feel so betrayed.  I told her things about my life in confidential, but now I understand that I am just a little helper that just assists in making a good story. Am I only a joke to her? Do I not mean anything to her?

No wonder I thought that I could relate with the character Summer so much. Summer is me and she is Miles, gender roles reversed. In some twisted manipulative way, Lydia created her own fantasy world about the two of us.

Lydia walks in with a cup of coffee and greets me with, "hey, Stiles, did you sleep well last night?" I can tell she realizes, after she asks.  When she sees me holding her laptop, her face drops along with her coffee.

"Yeah I did, Lydia! But how do you think Miles slept last night with Summer?" I ask sarcastically. I start to read her writing on her laptop out loud, "Summer tried to console Miles after the smack down between him and Chase. It gets even better, though," I skim looking through more of the text. "She hopped out of the shower later that evening and when Miles was about to brush his teeth her towel dropped, revealing her completely naked and wet body.  This allowed him to see every curve and every part of Summer's body,'" Lydia's face drops with sadness and tears start to form in her eyes. "I know how you should end it, Lydia. Why don't they have sex and Summer dumps, Miles because he lied to her?" I exclaim, giving her back the laptop.