34. Teddy Bear

Stiles-POV

I remember back in high school the night that I scored my first goal during a lacrosse game.  This memory has always been implanted in my mind.  I can still play it back, every thought and everything that happened that night perfectly. 

*flashback*

The lacrosse ball was in the middle of the field, I looked around at my surroundings, and no one saw it because no one was charging toward me, I scooped it up into my net's pocket of my stick. Once the other players begin to notice that I have the ball I sprint down the field to the goal and cradle the lacrosse ball back-and-forth.  I stopped at the goal and hesitated not knowing what to do next.  Then I heard the angelic voice of the girl of my dreams was in the crowd and told me to, "shoot it!"  along with other members of the crowd.  Only I listened to her voice and her voice only, before I shot the lacrosse ball into the net in one swift motion making a swish sound. 

I am shocked and thrilled that I just shot the ball into the goal.  Correction I just scored my first goal even in a high school lacrosse game. Then I turned around and the looked she has in her eyes, staring at me after I scored is an image that I knew in that moment would never be erased, it would be permanently engraved into my mind, and it was definitely even better than scoring a point on the scoreboard. It's the fact that she had a smile on her face and that only made me consume with happiness inside.  She applauded me and her smile looked like she is genuinely proud of me.  It all happened in slow motion, not in a haste, but like the Earth was moving slower just so I could revel in that moment.  

Later on that night, I returned home after getting beaten up by Gerard.  I told my Dad that some guys on the other team did it to me and to just drop it.  All I wanted to do is be alone in my room and have my Dad stop checking up on me.   Someone knocked on my bedroom door so I lugged my body off of my bed and over to the door.  I opened and I was completely surprised.  I never thought that Lydia Martin would even be on my street let alone knocking on my bedroom door.  One thing I recall the most that night is that I said to her,  "that if you die I would literally go out of my freaking mind."

That is how I am feeling right now like I am going to go out of my freaking mind because she is gone.  No goodbye, she is just gone.  I regret not staring at her longer to keep her beauty recorded in my mind.  I regret not making her laugh more or smile and not kissing her or holding her in my arms just for a few more seconds.  I regret that I didn't tell her that I loved her one last time.

I honestly could care less if die tonight.  I know that in my wedding vows and the speeches we prepared for one another that I said that I could live without her, but I don't want to live in a world without her, it's just too hard and excruciatingly painful.  I feel like that if I cry now that I may never stop and my heart feels like it weighs so much that it is sinking to my stomach.  I pull the Jeep over on the side of the street.  When I get out of the Jeep the front gates of Eichen House unlike when I was here earlier with the rest of the pack the gates are unlocked and wide open.  I turn on the flashlight of my phone and walk through the entrance slowly and carefully, afraid that something is going to snatch me up at any moment. I then get a phone call from Scott which started blasting my ringtone.

"Hello buddy what's up?" I ask facing the entrance of Eichen House.

"Stiles don't go inside we are going to be there in a few minutes! We are going to take down this creep together," Scott announces.

"Together?"

"Together buddy were in this together til the very end!" I smile at Scott's remark.

"But, what I don't understand is how are we going to defeat this person. After all Isaac and you have all the wolf powers and the only thing I bring to the table is my clumsiness and my bat," Scott laughs at what I say causing me to frown because I wasn't trying to be funny I was being honest.