14. Girl's Night In

Lydia-POV

I am glad that the girls decided to get me out of the house to help me take my mind off of Stiles.  If they did not drag me out of the house I would probably just be eating a pint of ice cream and sobbing while listening to sad music and watching a marathon of depressing movies causing me to sob even more. 

"Lydia, wear this dress.  The blue goes great with your hair color,"  Kira holds the dress up.

"Blue,"  I shake a bit and try to hold back the tears.

"Yes blue!  Blue with your red-orange hair is going to make you look fabulous in this dress. It will just make you POP!"  Kira explains as she tries to hand me the dress.

"But blue and orange are the color of the Mets,  a-and Stiles loves the Mets,"  I fall to the floor and start crying.

"I'm so sorry, Lyds, I had no idea," Kira apologizes.  She rubs my back and says 'Lyds' over and over again.

I understand that Kira is trying to console me and all, but with him dumping me like that this morning, which he had every right to do because what I did was out of line, but Kira wasn't helping.  The words Kira spoke only reminded me of him more  She had no knowledge of what Stiles said around me so I couldn't blame her because she did nothing wrong.  She just unintentionally reminded me of how I lost potentially one of the best things in my life.

I couldn't help it, I look up to face Kira and I wail out, "Stiles called me Lyds."

"Kira I think I can handle it from here," Allison motions Kira to exit the room, because although Kira's intentions were good she just wasn't helping at all at the moment.  Kira shuts the door behind her and Allison sits down next to me.  "Lydia, how about we go and get some ice cream from downstairs and we have a girl's night in?"

I nod at her.  I reply sniffling and smile at her suggestion, "that sounds like a good idea."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I changed into my pajamas when Allison left and when she comes back she is wearing her pajamas, carrying blankets and pillows, and trying to hold eight pints of ice cream with spoons without dropping them.  Two mint-chocolate chip, three strawberry, and two chocolate, and a vanilla flavors.  Stiles loves mint chocolate chip and so do i. It's been seven hours since Stiles left and I am still a complete mess. This time I hold back my tears at the thought of Allison bringing in his favorite ice cream, which is definitely considered progress.

"I brought a few movies so we could watch them on the TV up here and I also brought up a Kira she promised me that she would shut her mouth,". Allison says as she settles down on the carpet.

"Thanks, Allison!"  I hug her.  "Shouldn't we invite Malia to come up here?  I know it's been awkward between us lately, but we are still her friends."

"That's exactly what I thought I sent Malia over to the grocery store to buy a bunch of junk food for us.  She'll probably be back in like five minutes," Kira informs as she snuggles into her pillow.

"So Lydia the movie choices are 27 Dresses,  The Princess Diaries, Clueless, 13 Going on 30, Scream, The Notebook and Another Cinderella Story. Which one?" Allison asks showing me each movie case.

"Can we start off watching 13 Going On 30 and then can we watch as many movies until we fall asleep?"  I ask.

"Of course,"  Allison holds my hands and drags me into her side next to her and Kira.  We put a bunch of blankets on top of us and snuggle with each other. Just like the sleepovers we used to have with one another back in high school.