22. Screaming Internally

Lydia-POV

"Lyds, can you go? It's like the fourth time this night. I don't know how much more of this I can take,"  Stiles whines as he flips his body to face me.  He wraps his pillow around his ears as he begs,  "make it stop!"

I hop out of the bed and I slide on my pink fuzzy slippers.  I walk out of our bedroom wearing a floral nightgown and head into Jackson's old room.  I see Rachel sleeping silently and surprisingly not awake from all the crying.  I make my way over to the baby's crib and I see our baby crying so loud making my ears feel like they are going to bleed. 

I make my way over to the crib and pick up our baby.  "Hey, little man."  I bounce him up and down in my arms trying to make him stop crying.  "Shh...Shh, Momma's gotcha."   I exit the room with the baby in my arms bouncing him up and down.  I leave and hope Rachel continues to be sound asleep and gets enough rest.

I sit in the rocking chair in the living room as I rock my son back and forth.  I sing quietly to him in a hushed tone, "There was a time, I used to look into my father's eyes, In a happy home, I was a king I had a golden throne, Those days are gone, now the memories are on the wall, I hear the sounds from the places where I was born, Up on the hill across the blue lake, That's where I had my first heartbreak, I still remember how it all changed, My father said, Don't you worry, don't you worry child, See heaven's got a plan for you, Don't you worry, don't you worry now, Yeah!"  I sing softly into his cute ears, my fingers linger on his nose that looks like his father's, and then Stiles walks in the room playing his guitar. 

He takes me by surprise, but in a good way. The way that makes me feel safe and warm inside.  He then sings,  "There was a time,  I met a girl of a different kind."  He starts playing acoustic with his guitar and sings as I rock our baby boy back-and-forth.  "We ruled the world, I thought I'd never lose her out of sight, We were so young, I think of her now and then.  I still hear the songs,  Reminding me of a friend, Upon a hill across a blue lake, That's where I had my first heartbreak, I still remember how it all changed.  My father said, Don't you worry, don't you worry, child. See heaven's got a plan for you.  Don't you worry, don't you worry now?  Yeah!"

Our son slowly closes his eyes and Stiles and I smile at one another as he leans in to give me a kiss.

"I thought you said that you couldn't take any more of him," I say quietly rocking our baby back and forth.

Stiles leans the guitar against the couch and replies, "I thought that if there were two of his parents trying to calm him down, then he would fall asleep faster and besides I don't sleep as well when you aren't lying with me."

Stiles kisses me on the forehead and we go back to take our son into the nursery.

We look at him for a minute as Stiles wraps his arms around me. Rachel suddenly shoots up out of her bed and abruptly gets out of the bed.  Stiles immediately unwraps his arms from me.  Rachel doesn't smile instead she gives me a mischievous grin, her eyes are pure black and she looks like the devil trapped in my niece's body.  She starts crawling on the floor towards me. Each step faster than before like a demonic demon child.  Rachel then starts to attack me.  I fall to the ground and close my eyes causing everything around me to turn pitch black for a second.

I gently open them back up and all I see is a flash of colors coming at me at once.  Each one flies by me faster than before and I am now standing in a large white room.  "Stiles...Stiles where are you?"  I cry.  The flash of colors starts to slow down and then I notice that they aren't colors it's my memories.  My memories of Stiles.  Our first kiss, us embracing one another, laughing, making love to one another, fighting, smiling and both of us crying.