28. The Invitation of Death

Lydia-POV

Waking up to Stiles Stilinski is probably the best thing about being married. Every morning I wake up to him and I can't wait for what the day has in stored. I slide out of his grasp and out of the covers. I put on a pair of his socks along with one of his over-sized t-shirts. I go into the kitchen to brew a pot of coffee and turn on my laptop.

Stiles then walks in scratching the back of his neck with his eyes half shut. He walks over to me and gives me a kiss on my forehead.

"Good morning, hubby!" I greet him.

He smiles back at me while pouring a cup of coffee. "Good morning, wifey!" He mocks and takes a sip of his coffee. He then sits with me on the love seat. "So how are you this morning?"

"Fine a little sore from last night, but overall good." He starts to rub my shoulders and I ask him, "So how is the married life treating you?"

"Quite nicely. See I married this amazing girl that I now get to call my wife. Plus she is extremely beautiful and is amazing in bed so it couldn't be any better." I laugh at his response and he looks over to my laptop screen, "so what's new in Lydia Stilinski's e-mail box?" He emphasizes his last name, well now technically also mine, putting a smile on my face.  He grabs my laptop from my grasp and sits it on his lap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stiles-POV

"A few coupons for Macy's, some Victoria Secret promotions that you are going to buy for me." She throws a pillow at me and I snicker at her. "What else? There is an email from your publisher."

"Let me see that," she tugs the laptop away. She reads the email for about two minutes and we sit in silence. She puts the laptop on the coffee table with a blank face.

"So what does it say?" I ask.

She turns to face me. "They said that they are glad that I am awake. That they wish me good luck on my marriage and it says they are still interested. It says they have been waiting for me to wake up because apparently I needed to sign one more paper in order to start marketing for the book."

"So that means..."

"I'm gonna have a sequel!" She squeals with excitement.

I hug her with enthusiasm and I swing her in my arms around the room, "that's great, Lyds. I am really happy for you."

She slowly releases from my grasp and her smile disappears. "What's wrong, Lyds?"

"Nothing really," she shakes her head from side to side.

"Come on don't lie to me. Tell me!" I pull on her arm like a child does begging for something and then she finally gives in.

She grabs my hand with hers and says, "it's just we just started our new lives and the whole reason why we broke up last year was because of the book. So I was thinking maybe it would be best if the book wasn't published." She bats her eyelashes at me as I rub my thumb into her hand while she is tracing some figures with one of her fingers on my wrist.

"Lyds," I move my hand onto her chin lifting it up to make her gaze is directly on me. "I am going to support you and this book if you want it to hit the shelves. I have a pretty good feeling that you do so I am going to be your biggest fan and supporter out there if you decide to publish this book. Let me rephrase that I am going to be camped out in front of the most expensive book store and first in line. You know why?" I don't give her a second to answer and I keep speaking. "Because I want to have the best copy from one of my favorite writers."