35. Foursomes

Lydia-POV

(In the fire with the rest of the girls)

"We're going to die! Aw man, I should have just listened to Stiles. Dammit! Why do I always have to be so stubborn? This is all my fault girls I am so sorry, please forgive me! Oh shit were going to die quickly.  With the door.  This is not good! Why did we all go in this stupid closet? Oh wait I know why, because I found it, I take full responsibility for getting us into this mess and I apologize. I didn't even tell Stiles I loved him!" I exclaim pacing back-and-forth panicking.

"Lydia, just chill!  It is only going to be your fault if we die because you didn't help find an exit! Now let's just worry about getting out of here because that is certainly one thing we are going to do. Besides we still have some time before the fire burns us in pieces since we are on the other side of the door," Allison calms me down putting her hand on my shoulders. I don't know how Allison can be so calm in a crisis sometimes, but I guess that is a good thing because then she can actually listen to herself think.

"We really are in the inferno!  Man, I'm hot!" Kira says taking off her shirt. I feel sweat dripping all over my body, I have sweat marks under my arm pits and I feel sticky and gross. Along with Allison looking like a sweaty pig. "Why the hell is it so hot in here anyways the fire is in the lobby?"

"Kira maybe you want to take a good look because a fire is starting in side the trashcan!" I scream, but not my banshee scream my horror movie scream.

"That son of a bitch! He must have tossed a lighter in the trashcan when we didn't notice he was standing in the door way!" Kira says stomping her feet on the floor.

"It's okay girls! We won't have to worry about the fire if we just find an exit so let's start searching before we burn in here!" Allison explains and we all search for a way out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Guys I found an exit! Look!" We both follow our gazes to Kira as she pushes a desk out of the way to reveal an air duct. Kira takes off the air duct cover so we can all go in it. Kira puts one hand on the metal and boom she is burned instantly, "Holy Mother of... Man, that hurt!"

The fire in the trashcan starts to grow and the desk we moved on the side is now starting to burn with the flames from the trash can.

Kira manages to say, "Great I guess now the fire is going to kill us. I'll get the guys on the phone so we can say our goodbyes. If today is the day that I leave this Earth I am glad it's with my friends." A tear falls down her cheek.

Unlike the two of them who are starting to loose it like I was, I realize that I need to get us out of here and take control of the situation. I needed to devise a plan to crawl through the air ducts without being burned. "Take off your socks!" I demand them as I unzip my knee high leather boots.

"Why would we do that?" Allison asks coughing from the lack of oxygen.

"Lydia there is no use!" Kira says fanning herself with one of the folders that fell off of the burning desk.

"Our socks can act like gloves. If we put them on our hands we shouldn't get burned. Now let's hurry, because I would rather die, trying to escape this room of hell rather than not trying to save our lives at all," I reply putting my socks on my hands.

The girls do the same thing. I enter first, then Allison, and lastly Kira. "I think I am going to call Isaac to tell him to find an air duct on the side of the building or something."

"Guys! I don't think we should be worrying about the boys, because if we do not focus on getting out of here," I nervously speak.

"It will only be a quick phone call!"