15. Best Fake Relationship Ever

Stiles-POV

"Thanks for the ride Jenkins," I say in the back of the limo.

"No problem, Mr. Stilinksi.  When do you suppose you will be coming back?" Jenkins fixes his tie to look more clean and dapper.

"Probably not for awhile, but can you tell Scott and Kira that I am sorry for leaving?" I ask him with my body tilted towards the passenger door window.

"Yes, of course, Mr. Stilinksi.  Safe travels young man," he responds as he gives me a small smile.

I head towards the trunk of the vehicle to unload my suitcase and then roll it into the airport. Jenkins soon drives off and I go through airport security. About an hour later, I am on a flight back to California. I look out the window when the plane takes off and I mutter with sarcasm, "well this turned out to be a great trip."

"Why are you talking to yourself?" I hear a familiar female voice say and take my gaze off of the window to look at her. She has blonde waves, big brown eyes, and bright red lipstick making her white teeth pop out.

I ignore her question and ask, "you seem familiar. Have we met before?"

"You tell me, Stiles. I went to Beacon Hills High School, my name is Erica Reyes." Now I remember her she sticks her hand out waiting for me to shake it. I shake it as her bright blue nails lightly stab my skin.

"Wow, you have changed since high school!" I reply trying to act polite trying to avoid talking and looking at her chest because she is just showing it off through her white tank top along with her cleavage. No big deal, Stiles.  It's no big deal.

"Well it would have been a weird thing not to," Erica chuckles at her own response and moves her hand to my knee.

"So are you going to go the reunion?" I stumble the words out.

"Yeah I think so. I am only going to make my ex-jealous. How about you, are you going?"  She asks as she twirls her fingers through her long waves of perfect golden curls.

"I'm not really sure yet. My girlfriend and I just broke up.  I know that she is planning on attending the reunion and I don't really want to talk to her right now, let alone make any eye contact with her.  I think that I am going to pass on this one," I reply shrugging my shoulders.

Erica presses her thumb into my knee and rubs it in small circles repeatedly and comments, "you poor baby,p." I give her a nod and she continues, "wait a second I just had a great idea. How about you and I pretend to date to make our ex's jealous?" She replies giving me a devilish grin.

"I don't know if that is such a good idea, Lydia won't like it," I disapprovingly answer.

"Your girlfriend's Lydia... like as in Lydia Martin?"  She asks in disbelief.

"Correction, Lydia Martin was my girlfriend," I reply emphasizing the 'was' part of my sentence.

"She made my life a living hell in eight and ninety grade and she is making your life a living hell now. I guarantee you, Stiles, this is the best way to teach the bitch a lesson. One that she will never forget.  As a matter a fact, this benefits both of us, I want to make my ex jealous and you have to make yours jealous too. It's a win-win for both of us," Erica speaks with enthusiasm.

"I guess..." I reply still a bit unsure of committing to this idea or not.

"Okay, it's settled then! Let's trade numbers and then I am going to fall asleep." I give her my number and she gives me hers. "Goodnight, Stiles." She shuts her eyes and turns away from me, I smile and look out into the fluffy white cloud landscape that is out my window while listening to my music.

I am not totally sure how this is going to turn out. I have a feeling that it's not going to not end well at all, but no one knows the final outcome until it has happened. Right? This whole fake relationship thing with Erica seems like the one I had with Lydia, which didn't turn out to good.  However, I still hope for the best, though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up Erica when the plane lands. We say goodbye to one another when we departure off of the plane and then we went our separate ways. I text my Dad when I land and I ask him to pick me up at the airport since my Jeep is parked in my apartment building's garage.

Twenty minutes later my Dad arrives and we hug one another. I was glad to see him here with me at the airport compared to a musty old hospital bed that would make his condition look worse than it actually was.

"So why back so soon?" He asks relinquishing from our hug.

"Missed you that's why" I reply and we both smile at one another because I've been gone for not even a whole week I still missed him.

"Now I know that's not the truth. Would you like to tell me? Oh, and did you bring your new girlfriend I can't wait to see her?  It's been far too long, I haven't seen Lydia since she graduated high school," he says.

"Sorry to break it to you, Dad, but we broke up," a frown appears on my face and my Dad looks at me with the same face I am making, trying to be sympathetic, I guess. I find it funny though that we only lasted six days before I ended that disaster.

"Stiles, by the way, you were talking to me on the phone it seemed like things were going great. The funny thing is it seemed like you were gonna propose to this girl from the way you were describing her," my Dad comments.

"It's not as funny as you think, Dad, but I don't really want to talk about it so can we just drop it," I plead. He nods and we walk back to his car in silence and he helps me load my luggage into the trunk.

I hop in the passenger seat and put on the radio. The first thing that comes on is She Will Be Loved I change the station. Then the next song that plays is Sorry. God dammit why does Justin Beiber have to make us listen to this shit, I change the station again. The next station plays Christina's Perry "But, I'm only human; and I bleed when I fall down. " I change the station once again, and the next song is A Thousand Miles. "And I need you; And I miss you; And now I wonder....; If I could fall; Into the sky; Do you think time; Would pass me by; 'Cause you know I'd walk; A thousand miles." Nothing good is on the radio so I shut it off. I have a feeling that the radio gods are trying to send me the message to listen to Lydia and forgive her, but I'm just not feeling it.

When the radio gets turned off my Dad takes that as his cue to start talking. "Stiles, please tell me what happened." He practically begs me.

"Well where do I begin... we started our relationship in the third grade. I had a crush on her, however unfortunately it was only one-sided, unrequited love I guess you could call it. Then I practically worshiped her presence and the ground she walked on in our early years of high school and all she did was ignore me. Then we started to get close later in high school, but after graduation we lost touch. At Boca Raton, she agreed to be in a fake relationship with me to make Malia jealous. On a side note it was her idea not mine. Then we realized we both wanted to be together officially. Then we proclaimed our love for one another. And then she lied to me and betrayed the trust I shared with her. Pretty much the best relationship ever and Dad please note the sarcasm," I reply with a despondent smile. After all I am still hurting what did he expect.

"I'm sorry, buddy," my Dad gives me a sympathetic pat on the back, he drives me back to my place, and we don't say a word to each other.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me what you thought?

Did any of you guys watch last night's episode?

:)

Hope you are enjoying keep on reading.