18. Off Into the Unknown

Lydia-POV

I return to the table and sit down next to Jackson and Scott.  They both notice that I am crying and Scott rubs my back while Jackson asks, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing,"  I half smile at the two of them and wrap my arms crossed against my chest.  "Really I am fine." Trying to stop the tears

"No you're not,"  Scott looks into my eyes and asks in a soft whisper, "does this by any chance have to do with Stiles and Erica?"

I nod in response. 

"Lydia, I can tell that he is still hurting. He is just rubbing Erica in your face to take some of his pain away. Stiles told me in confidential that he only wanted to make you jealous and Erica wanted to make her ex-boyfriend in high school,  Boyd jealous too,"  he points to which one is a Boyd.  "It's harmless,"  Scott confides to me.

"Well if, Stiles thinks it's so harmless maybe he won't think it's that harmless when I do the same thing to him."  I stop pouting and rise from my seat like I am rising from the dead.

"I don't think that is such a good idea!"  Scott comments, but I ignore him and strut over to Boyd.

"Hey Boyd,"  I call.  He immediately turns to face me and I hug him as I graze my hand up his back.

"Lydia!  Wow, you look great!  What have you been up too?"  He replies.  After all, that is what you are supposed to ask people at reunions.

"Nothing much, but your ex and my ex-are trying to get back at us."  He starts to interrupt but I hush him and continue to babble.  "Therefore, my plan is that we put our hands all over one another to make them jealous and for them stop making us jealous.  Capeesh?"

"Wait I am completely lost can you repeat that again?" He questions as he furrows his brows.

"To sum it up we are going to pretend to be a couple like Stiles and Erica are to make us jealous.  Now come dance with me."  I drag Boyd by his muscular bicep and lug him to the dance floor in front of our table where Stiles and Erica are sitting laughing at one another. 

I sway my body up against Boyd.  He is much taller and much more muscular than Stiles.  Boyd starts to spin me around a few times.  He places his hands on my hips and lifts me in the air.

"PUT ME DOWN THIS INSTANT!"  I plead laughing.

"If you insist,"  he replies.  Boyd throws me up in the air and releases his hands from my hips.  When I am about to hit the ground he dips me back in his arms. 

"Wow!  Now that was fun,"  I reply as he brings me back to my feet.  I notice Stiles' eyes are beaming on me and I can see his face burning up.  Probably with jealous, but it's not my fault, I am only doing this to get even with him.  While Erica is giving Boyd and I dirty looks.

"They see us,"  I whisper to Boyd.

"Well, how about if we give them a show?" He suggests.

I nod in agreement and Boyd starts to attack my neck with his lips.  It feels good and nice for awhile until he started kissing my neck longer and heavier.  I give him a push and say,"Can we slow down a bit we don't need to make it look like were having sex?"

He ignores me and continues anyway.  I give him another shove.  "Would you stop it!  We're in public.  I said a show not a scene from a bad porno movie." 

"I like you, Lydia.  I want you."  He ignores me again this time grabbing my ass and clutching onto my right breast.

"Get off of me!  It's not funny anymore."  Some people around us start to stare, but Boyd doesn't stop and no one does anything instead they watch.