32. Somebody Call 911

Mason-POV

Once I hear that gunshot I look out the window of the upstairs floor in the Hale house. I see Hayden turning back and not following the lights. I open up the window and yell at her, "Hayden remember what the projector said. Don't stray from your path!"

"Corey! Listen to me! Say your name to show your okay! Please! Liam! Liaam! Come on baby tell me or show me a sign that you are alright!" Hayden falls to the ground screaming, panicking, trying to not loose it, but clearly she already is.

"Calm down Hayden! Someone could just be hunting right now."

She looks over to me and cries out, "Mason it is not even hunting season.  It's the middle of the night. The odds are unlikely that someone or something else was shot. That could be Liam or Corey. One of them could be bleeding out right now or worse. Dead." She starts to wave her hands in the air expressing her frustration with the whole situation. "I can literally walk across the front and check up on them to make sure it's not one of them or if there okay. That's all I want. It's all I need."

"I am not asking you, Hayden, I am telling you! What would Liam tell you to do? To follow the path to stay alive or to try to find where the sound of a gunshot? Hayden, just use your brain. Don't die because you need to check up on Liam. He can protect himself just like you. Now, what do you say?" Hayden gives a small nod, she turns around and starts following the lighted path again.

A few minutes later after I have walked past the final light I see Hayden leaning against the car. She runs over to me and gives me a hug. Our hug surprises me at first, because if Hayden and I made it that means that Corey and Liam didn't. Suddenly the projector turns back on and I release Hayden from my arms. "I see you two are the champions of this match. I just wanted to wish you congratulations. Now first things first maybe for a prize you guys can get to see your boy toys again. Your next task is to be at the bowling alley within the next twenty minutes. Got to go guys and Mason good job on enforcing the rules. If only Corey listened to them unlike you did then maybe he would have made his way out safely," the masked figure informs us. The projector turns off and we both stare at each other in shock.

At first, I feel like I can't move like I am paralyzed, but I manage to lift my legs and walk to the car. I sit in the driver seat and I turn the engine on since Liam left the keys in the ignition. Typical. I roll down the window and say, "you heard him! We have to be there within the next twenty minutes. Hop in!"

Hayden wipes a tear from her cheek and gives a small nod. She takes a seat next to me and then I drive out of these ugly ass woods.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cora-POV

I pin Malia on the floor so she can't get up. She tries to squirm out of my hold with every bone and ounce of strength in her body to lift me off of her. Only instead she fails each time.

I hear Aiden screaming and grunting in frustration as Jackson beats him up. You would think that Aiden could take Jackson with his muscles and all, but I think it has something to do with Jackson's body. Jackson is muscular but he is also thin. Allowing Jackson to be able to slide out of Aiden's hold and dodge him.

Malia then finds the power to somehow kick me in the chest causing me to fall off of her. She jumps on top of me and just when she thinks she is winning I roll back on top of her.

"Guys! Guys! Guys!" We stop what we are doing and get off of each other. "You guys performed a fantastic show now although each team has one loser and one winner it is now considered a tie. To break this tie the winner of the match is the one I found the most entertaining to watch. Honestly, Aiden was hilarious to watch!" The radio in Jackson's car announces.