33. Rising From The Ashes

Scott-POV 

"We can't loose them!" I tell them.

Stiles, Isaac, and I stare at each other in the parking lot.  We try devising a plan to try and get the girls out safely of the burning lobby.  I know that they are our bad ass wives and if we have learned anything in the past few years it's that they are all fully capable of handling and protecting themselves, but I can't help but worry about them because there like a whole other family to me. I know that they can take care of themselves and after all, they did stay alive with every villain that crossed our path back in high school.

"Well, what should we do, Scott?  Even werewolves are not fire proof," Stiles asks.  Stiles nervously paces back-and-forth and runs his hands through his hair in a panic. Stiles can get jittery at times in a crisis, but he always finds a way to pull himself back together.

I think to myself for a second and look at all our surroundings. We can't exactly call 911 to help put the fire out.  Then my eyes lock onto a hose on the side of the building where the motel rooms are.  "Stiles, turn on the hose."  I point to the direction of where the hose is, Stiles runs, and turns the hose's water on.  "Isaac, you find some buckets of water or ice to throw on the fire, to try and stop the flames. I will aim the hose to put out the fire."  They nod their heads and I drag the hose over to the flames that are spread across the lobby floor. Isaac runs back-and-forth quickly throwing water from the bathrooms in the motel room on the flames.

"Scott, try to stop the flames in the back because Allison said they were locked in a closet!" Isaac suggests as he runs back inside to get more water. 

The fire slowly begins to die down and there is a clear pathway for the three of us to walk and not be burned.  The door in the back is locked so I kick it down.  I use the hose to burn out the flames inside the closet and then once they are no longer existent we all wander into the room one by one taking in our surroundings.  The room is empty and the girls are gone.  They are nowhere to be found. 

"Oh my gosh!"  Isaac screams.  He falls to the floor and puts his hands up to his mouth.

Stiles and I follow Isaac's gaze and all three of the girl's clothes that they were wearing the last time we saw them were laying scorched, burned and soggy on the ground from the water used to put out the fire.  I look over to Stiles and he is standing frozen like a wax statue.  Not moving a muscle, not muttering one word or sarcastic comment, and in a tense stance.  Issac begins to cry he sniffles and wipes away his tears not letting Stiles or I see, but we do see. 

I put my hands on my face trying to contemplate what just happened and make sense of it all.  Kira can't be dead we were in a good place right now.  We have been happy over the past few months and now does that just disappear? What am I suppose to say to the rest of the guys? We can start a club where we mourn our wives.  If Kira is dead how the hell am I going to live with myself?  I feel my skin begin to boil at the thought of them being killed by whoever is doing this to us.  "Whoever is doing this is going to pay!"  I yell stomping my feet on the ground letting out the anger that is consuming me.  I grab Kira's shirt off of the ground to keep.  Isaac and Stiles have the same idea and take the remainder of Lydia's and Allison's clothing before leaving the room.

We exit the back closet in the lobby and go to the parking lot.  Then the speaker system comes on saying,  "I am so sorry for your loss boys.  But think of it this way at least one thing good came out of it.  We have learned a few lessons, because of the girl's death.  Lesson number one, even the best hunter dies,  lesson number two,  a kitsune maybe surrounded by a fire fox protector doesn't mean that she can survive flames, and lesson number three don't overestimate the strawberry-blonde girl because, in the end, she is just as stupid as the rest of you combined.  Anyway, now that you have all have let the death of your wives sink in let's move on!  Scott, I am,"  the speaker system in the parking lot says before its cut off by Isaac.