12. A POT OF FLOWERS

Stiles-POV

It's been a couple of days since Lydia and Malia's beach brawl. Within those couple of days, I have spent my time with Lydia. We kind of diverted from the group and did our own thing. One day we went to the beach by ourselves and another day we went to the mall, but the best place we went to was in the house with her wrapped in my arms. Lydia and I have meaningful conversations with one another, unlike when Malia and I were together. Like last night, I opened up to her about my mother's death. My mother died when I was younger from dementia. I never really talked to anybody about her death, but it felt good to tell her how I felt because I knew she would listen. I could trust her.

Today is a Thursday and we are almost finished week one of our vacation getaway in Boca Raton. The best part of this trip by far is falling asleep next to Lydia each night and waking up to her every morning. I don't know how I have lived with my self for the past ten years not seeing her, not hearing her, and not kissing her everyday. She is a living breathing masterpiece and everything about her makes me go nuts inside.

The pack is at the beach right now while Lydia and I are relaxing in the hot tub out on the deck. Lydia is snuggling her small feminine frame against my chest as we feed each other spoonfuls of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

I fix my body position in the water, so I can face her and get lost in her piercing green eyes.  I wrap my arm around her and her strawberry blonde waves fall underneath my arm. "Hey, Lyds, I know we haven't really socialized with the pack that much this trip, but I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date...with me...by ourselves?" I ask trying to act like a gentlemen.

"As in an official date! And w-w-with the Stiles Stilinski," she puts her hand to her chest and starts acting like she can't breath because the idea of me asking her out on a date is such a shocker.  Note my sarcasm.  I already know that she is joking, but I go along with it anyways.

"So is that a yes?" I don't want to play games with her, so I continue casually.

"Well, you tell me," her response comes with a seductive smile as she grabs the back of my neck, pulling me towards her, connecting my lips with her's, which then turns into an amazing makeout session.

There is no one, absolutely no one in the world that is like Lydia Martin.  That's all that goes through my mind on a daily basis now. Our kisses are precious and slow, but can also become passionate and fast with the flick of a switch. She always lures me in and then slowly retracts, making me yearn for more. She keeps me on my toes.

The way she covers her head with the sheets and reads with her iPad at night is adorable. Then she is always avidly typing away on her computer, concentrated on writing a forensics report.  When she wears her glasses, she sometimes scrunches up her nose when she is focused, resembling a small kitten.

While we are making-out in the hot tub, I hear my phone suddenly start to play Whatcha Say.  I relinquish my hold from Lydia and I reach over her to pick up my phone. Before I answer Lydia tells me, "Stiles, by the way don't forget to give me flowers," I smile at her response as she hops out of the hot tub and walks away to give me privacy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The phone number is a Beacon Hills area code and I pick it up.

"Hello!"

"Hi, Stiles it's Melissa... Melissa McCall.  I know you are on vacation and all," Melissa rambles on the phone.

"Melissa, any day now!" I joke with her.

"Stiles, I hate to have to tell you this especially over the phone, but your father had a heart attack earlier this morning. I am at the hospital with him right now. As of right now, he is stable," she informs me.