16. Aunt Lydia

Lydia-POV

Today was the last day of our two-week getaway in Boca Raton. I am still heartbroken over Stiles, but I sent him a letter five days ago that explained to him that I am going to finish the book. Not only for the readers but for me to heal from our relationship. I don't think he will be too happy about me continuing, but I need closure and the only way I can get that is by expressing my feelings down on paper.

We got off of the plane and Allison invites me to stay at her house for a few days. I appreciate that Allison and Isaac decide to invite me into their home because I think Allison knew that I was not going to be okay by myself. Malia and Theo were staying at her father's house while Kira and Scott would be staying with Melissa for the next few days. Aiden, Jackson, Danny, and Ethan were staying at Danny's parent's lake house, which just so happens to be nearby my family's lake house.  When my mother died she gave it to me and I decided to sell it because it wasn't like we used it anymore, so why not let some else try to have new unforgettable memories in there because I know The Martin family never did.

When I arrive at the Lahey's household we all brought our bags inside and Allison shows me the guest bedroom. I unpack and about ten minutes later I hear the front door slam open. I walk outside the guest room and to the front door to find a little girl.

"Hello, my name is, Rachel. Who are you?" This must be Allison and Isaac's daughter she is so adorable. She has raven colored hair like Allison and her eyes are a light blue-green color. She has a smile on her face just like Isaac has, is wearing a Merida dress, and is holding a toy bow and arrow set in her hand.

"Well, aren't you adorable. My name is Lydia and I am an old friend of your Mommy and Daddy's," I kneel down to her eye level.

"Prove it!" She barks at me with her bow's strings drawn.

"I went to high school with your Mom and Dad," I inform her.

"Really?" she asks.

"Yes I did your Mom is my very best friend in the whole entire universe," I tell her.

"Wow, that's cool! My best friend goes to my daycare with me and her name is Bailey." She tells me.

"That's cool that you have a best friend," I am so fascinated by her life with no worries.

"So if you went to school with my Mom and Dad does that mean you went to school with Uncle Scotty, Aunt Kira, and Uncle Stiles?" Rachel asks with a grin on her face. I couldn't help it. I let out a few tears and then I start to cry. Rachel gives me a hug, "don't cry Aunt Lydia I am sorry." I smile when Rachel says 'Aunt Lydia.' It has a nice ring to it.

I wipe away my tears and look into Rachel's eyes and she stares back at me, "Rachel, you didn't do anything wrong?"

"Then why are you so sad?" Her blue-green eyes gaze into mine with pure innocence and no knowledge of the sadness that life has to offer.

"Well, Rachel, sometimes people become sad and in this case I am just a little sad right now," I sniffle.

"What made you sad, Aunt Lydia?" She asks as she sets her to bow down on the hardwood floor.

"Not getting the chance to have met you earlier," Rachel hugs me again and I stroke her hair and rub her back. I didn't want to mention anything about Stiles because she is so young. So I changed my reason for crying because now I am kind of sad I did not see her grow up or meet her sooner.

"It doesn't matter because now we met," Rachel grabs hold of my hand and smiles like Isaac does.

Allison and Isaac walk into the room to see their daughter and I hugging one another. I mouth to them 'she is beautiful.' I let go of Rachel and I say to her "look who's home?"

"Mommy! Daddy!" Rachel runs into Isaac's arms and he lifts her up in the air while Allison gives her kisses all over.

Issac then gives Rachel to Allison to hold and she talks to Rachel, "so what do you think of Aunt Lydia?" She bounces Rachel up-and-down and side-to-side waiting for her response.

"I think she is the best aunt in the entire world," I smile at Rachel's comment.

"Well, that must be a big world then. Then it's a good thing she is the best aunt in the entire world because Aunt Lydia is going to be staying with us for a few days," Allison informs. She lowers her daughter down to the hardwood floor.

"Can she please sleep with me? Please, Mommy!" Rachel begs, she wraps her tiny body and miniature arms around Allison's left leg.

"If it's okay with Aunt Lydia then it's okay with us," Allison replies.

Rachel unwraps herself from her mother's leg and runs over to me and asks me, "can we please have a sleepover, Aunt Lydia?"

"Of course," I reply with a smile. Rachel squeezes me into a tight embrace. I notice Isaac and Allison hugging one another as Rachel drags me off of the floor and takes me away to her room. "Aunt Lydia, I am going to show you all of my toys. Mommy and Daddy bought me new Disney Princess costumes."

"Fancy!" I reply. She drags me away and I notice Isaac mouth 'Aunt Lydia' to me causing me to laugh as he sticks his tongue out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys enjoyed! :)

Comment I would love to hear from you guys.

Do you like it so far?

I have very big plans for what's in stored up ahead so keep reading and I will keep updating!