6. Barbie's Dream House

Lydia-POV

As the door collides with my face, I feel a bit of pain in my left cheek. For a second I feel fine, and the next thing I see is him and my head begins to hurt. The pain slowly fades and I am left completely astonished to see his face. The face I have previously dreamt about late at night, Stiles Stilinski. And all my eyes can see is meteors exploding in the air once they combine with comets in his eyes. After I ask him to help me up, a shiver is sent down my spine when he puts one of his hands on my lower back. He then places his hand in mine, sending an electric shock to course through my veins, bringing me back to life. When I manage to stand back up onto my feet, his grip on me slowly lingers away. Then, I attempt to start a conversation with him and make him laugh to hide how nervous I am. A smirk appears on his face as he observes me, but I turn my face away to look outside the window to act like I don't notice him checking me out.

To break the awkward staring, I respond to him, "if you look any longer your eyes are going to pop out." Stiles is wearing a dopey grin across his face and just when I think he is going to open his mouth and speak he just continues smiling, creating a warm tingly feeling inside. "Well, aren't you going to say anything to me? Have I really aged that much in ten years?" I ask him as I chuckle at his behavior. When I laugh he snaps back into reality.

"Hi, Lyds. It's just you look even better than the last time I saw you," Stiles slowly speaks almost like he is taken off guard by me. His comment makes my heart start to pound, making it feel like it is going to pump out of my chest any second. The way he says Lyds is music to my ears only it's a symphony of sounds. The way it rolls off of his tongue, it's like he has said it a million times and each time he says it better than the last, at least that's how it was in high school. I could just listen to his voice on replay all day and not get tired of it. It's actually is Stiles. I haven't seen him or heard from him in years, but my feelings for him come back like a tidal wave controlled by the currents.

"So... Lydia... how have you been?" he asks me, then he bites his lower lip. He leans against the closet door in the bathroom directly across from me, after I reside against the sink.

"I've been good. You changed too." I note while scrutinizing his body. He grew some muscles and is wearing cargo shorts, a pair of Vans, and a green t-shirt with a pocket. Our outfits match quite nicely since I am wearing a mint colored halter dress. He looks different not in a bad way, but he's sexier than I remember Stiles in the past. Less innocent and awkward looking. However, judging by our conversation only moments ago he may have been mistaken for his former awkward self. Regarding his social aspects, not his physical appearance.

"In a bad way or a good way?" Stiles questions with his eyes looking directly at me while scratching his clean shaven face.

I slide off of the sink, take a step towards him, and he stands up straight, tense even. We are a few inches away and I know by the way his body is positioned near mine that he is nervous. I swoop my hair behind my ear, while I slowly move one of my fingers up and down his arm, I look up into his eyes, and he is looking back at me. I say to him, "I'm not sure what the answer is to that question yet."

"Well, hopefully you will get the answer you're looking for," he speaks. I push away from his body, I sway my hips and locks of hair back and forth trying to leave the impression that leaves him begging for more as I head towards the door.

When I make my way to exit the bathroom, I open the door, and before I leave I turn back to see his face and say, "oh I know I will." I bat my eyelashes and lick my lips, before I slowly shut the door behind him. I might have been a little out of practice in the flirting department, but I am glad to know that Stiles Stilinski still checks in. Oh gosh, I am just getting cheesier as I get older! Whatever happened to my high school wit!