29. The Hale Pail

Stiles-POV

When we get to Scott's old house there are several cars in the driveway and in front of his house.  Before I get out I look over to Lydia and I give her a nod because in her beautiful green eyes I can tell that she is as worried as I am.  Her eyes are different, they appear to be a different color.  They are like a storm cloud gray color hidden by the fear of the unknown and of what's to come.

I unlock our doors and we walk hand in hand up to the front steps of Scott's childhood home. 

Lydia rings the doorbell and Kira welcome us inside.  I can tell that she is sad to be meeting us in these conditions since we as far as we know these cards are more than just threats.  We have targets on our backs. 

"Come on in guys,"  Kira says gesturing us to the dining room.

Lydia is gripping my hand tightly and she is following everywhere I go only a few steps behind.  Scott is at the dining room table pointing at what looks to be a map.   Currently, Jackson, Malia, Danny, Ethan, Liam, Hayden, Allison, Isaac, Derek, Braeden, Kira, Scott, Cora, Mr. Argent, Deaton, Mason, Corey, my Dad, Melissa, Nick, Rachel and now Lydia and I are in the room.

"So what have we missed?"  I ask the group as we enter.

"Nothing much.  Now that everyone is here let's talk."  We nod and some of us sit in chairs while others lean against the walls while Rachel is playing on her iPad in the living room with her headphones on.  Lydia is sitting in a chair and I am behind her.  "I am just going to be straightforward here.  Does anyone know or have any idea on who or why someone is doing this?"

"I actually have an idea," Lydia stifles.  Everyone in the group stares at her and the floor is all hers for talking.  "I know I haven't seen everyone's invitations or anything, but they have already put us in categories."  No one says a word and Lydia continues speaking.  "Well like on our invitation Stiles was classified as a human and I was categorized as the banshee.  Then it says that I am the girl who is surrounded by death and Stiles is a sidekick.  So I am assuming Allison and her father were categorized as hunters just like Kira was considered a trickster, kitsune, or fox."

"It reminds me a bit of the Darach problem and the Benefactor back in high school,"  I add.

"Well maybe someone is returning to old habits,"  Lydia advises.

"Or maybe they are trying to stop us before we stop them from getting more power to use against people,"  Allison suggests.

"The only thing I find weird is that the invitations addressed to Rachel, Nick, Melissa, Danny, Deaton, Ethan and I tell us to stay in Melissa's house and to not leave.  I don't know about you guys, but to me that sounds like a trap waiting to happen," my Dad shares his thinking.

"Well whatever the reason we need to come up with a plan,"  Malia informs clutching onto Jackson's arm. "We can't go into this with no plan it's not going to work. If we do it's going to end up in a blood bath only it's going to be our blood."

Scott turns to me, "Stiles buddy, your usually good with the strategic planning so what do you think?"

"I think we should look at everyone's invitations," I shrug. "I think it might be a good start,  finding the similarities and the differences between each one," I suggest to the group.

"You heard him put them all on the table,"  Scott commands.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I start to divide each invitation into categories.  The invitations addressed to two people on the right and invitations addressed to one on the left.