Chapter 58: Home For Christmas

I was home. There was a clear out going on in our apartment because we were moving. I think I was going to get a place on my own but I wasn't sure yet.

We had decided to spend Christmas together and would go and spend Boxing Day with our families before rejoining on New Year. Me, Gabby, Caspar, Sophie, Joe, Chai, Sam, Josh, Jack, Conor and Corey were all spending Christmas together. Oli was at home with his family and so was Mikey.

Caspar and Josh weren't going to South Africa until after New Year. Caspar had asked Sophie to go with him but she wasn't sure yet.

It was Christmas Eve and we had all decided to have it at Joe and Caspar's. I'd been Christmas shopping in LA for everyone.

I was looking forward to spending Christmas with my friends since most of the time I spent it on my own or with Chai's family.

"How's it to be back in English weather?"
"I kinda like it. I mean LA is beautiful but this will always be home."

"Do you have to leave again?" Caspar asked me.

"If I want to do this then yeah. I mean I'm basically finished with the songs for the EP I've just gotta record and stuff."

I went over and sat by Joe as we put on a film. It was Home Alone because it was Christmas tomorrow and we were in the spirit.

"I wanted to be him when I was younger"
Chai said which caused us all to furrow our eyebrows.
"You wanted people to break into your house?"
Corey asked slightly confused.
"No, I just thought he was cool. Setting up the booby traps and stuff. Don't judge me!"

He crossed his arms and pretended to sulk.

"You are literally five years old"
I said laughing.

"It's Christmas"
"Ok, I got you the best present ever"
"Did you really?"
"Yep"

We stayed up all night watching movies and we all fell asleep on the sofa and some people on the floor.

I couldn't sleep so I got up to go to the kitchen.

"You can't sleep either?"

I jumped at the sudden voice.
"Fucking hell Jack, you scared the shit out of me."
"Exaggeration much"
"Alright, anyway no I can't"

We were whispering since the others were close by.

"So anyway you and Joe huh?"
"We've been together for a while now you need to catch up"
"Ok that was stupid but you know what I mean"
"I really don't"
"Do you think he's the guy?"
"The guy?"
"The guy."

"If you're talking about marriage I don't know. We're young, in the future yeah sure. But now, no." I said quite worried about what he was hinting.

"Good, because he's not proposing."

"What was the point in that though?"

"I just wanted to see your reaction if you thought he was going to propose"

"Well it wasn't very interesting. At this point in time I'd probably say no anyway. That makes me sound like a bitch."

It was true though. I wouldn't marry Joe. Not yet. Maybe someday in the future but at the moment there was no way I could see it happening. We hadn't been together long enough and I was going away again.