Chapter 30: Escape from Eichen (pt. 1)

Start from the beginning

"We'll get the doctor." I whispered to him, hoping he'd shut up before he messed up the whole plan.

"Dr. Fenris." He said. "Dr. Fenris. They took Dr. Fenris." He kept increasing the volume of his voice as he spoke and I was about to break that glass and shut him up myself. "I haven't had my medication. I need to see the doctor. They took Dr. Fenris."

The men wouldn't look away.

"Hey, somebody shut him up."

"I need to see the doctor."

The men started walking towards us.

"Shut him up."

Tired of his voice, I looked down, closed my eyes and felt how they changed color. I looked up at the kid and gave him my deadliest glare and a small growl. He instantly shut up and backed up. In the meanwhile, the two men left the hallway finally leaving us alone.

"Come on." I said as my eyes turned back to normal and headed towards the gate at the end of the hall. As we walked, the lights faded of, what meant Kira managed to cause the brownout.

"She did it." Scott mumbled looking at the lightless light bulbs. "Kira did it."

"Five minutes to get to Lydia." Stiles reminded us and we rushed up to get to the gate. Our jaws dropped when we realized there was no card reader to unlock thanks to the reboot we just caused.

"Where's the card reader?" I asked trying not to explode.

"It should be here." Stiles uselessly looked for the card reader. "It has to be here."

"They must have taken it out when the Dread Doctors got through." Scott pointed out and the three of us looked at him incredulous.

"Are you telling me we came all the way down here just to be stopped by an ordinary key?" Stiles talked exasperated. "Are you kidding me?"

Great. The plan was breaking down just because a stupid ordinary gate that we couldn't open.

"We don't need a key." All my attention focused on Liam. I think I knew what he had in mind, and it was actually our last and only hope. "Not if we can break it down." I nodded and looked at Scott before the three of us tried to break the gate down. I tried the best I could, but the Mountain Ash present in the whole building was making us weak and, therefore, getting in was practically impossible.

"Guys, we're running out of time." I tried one last time before Scott gave up.

"We can't." He said getting away from the gate. "The Mountain Ash. It's too much."

We could not give up already. Lydia was going to die if we didn't get her out of here tonight. We needed to break the fucking gate down and we needed to do it now.

"Hit me." Liam suddenly said interrupting my pessimistic thoughts.

"What?"

"Someone hit me." He repeated and explained. "I'll get angry then I'll get stronger."

""Is that the only way you come up with?" He was coming up with really crazy and aggressive ideas tonight.

"Hit him." Stiles said excited and I throw him a deadly glare. "Hit him!"

"Hit me, Kels." I didn't move a muscle. I refused to hurt him. "Scott." He noticed I was against his plan, so he turned to him, but Scott was on the same page as I. "I tried to take your powers. I tried to kill you. Hit me." Scott's hands were turning into fists as he remembered his past with Liam.