Chapter 24: Honesty

Bắt đầu từ đầu

— Nya saw something—I said— A stranger might be downstairs.

— It won't be a stanger after we get to know him—Nya said.

— Fine, Jay, stay behind me—Paty ordered.

There was NO ONE downstairs, a barriacated door. No other way out...

— We've been locked up for so long. I think your starting to see things—I told her.

— Perhaps Nya isn't so insane Jay... The robot is acting weird...—Paty said.

— You two are starting to see things...—I repeated.

— Like how I see how there's a hidden basement in the lighthouse—Nya said, pulling a lever, on the wall.

A secret door opened, and we got in a new room. There were a few shelves with tons of old and damaged blueprints, scrap, trash and boxes. There was no light but the few sunlight that crawled in the room. A box fell right in front of us. I hide behind Nya.

— You're right! We're not alone!—I said. We walked back, slowly.

— I thought you were supposed to protect me!—Nya whined.

— I thought you were over that!—I argued.

— Jay, behind me—Paty pushed me gently with her arm so I could hide behind her.

— What about me?!—Nya protested.

— Oh right—Paty said thoughtfully for a second— Hmmm, yup. I don't care.

— Whoever you are... Come out!—Nya instructed.

I couldn't trust my eyes when I saw who was hiding.

— Hi. I am Zane, built to protect those who cannot protect themselves—the rusted robot said.

— Zane?!

This Zane was way different than the one I know, he doesn't look human, with skin I meant. He is all rusted, he have his chest engines oncovered( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). And it's obvious that he has seen better times. Probably Dr. Julien built a replacement Zane when he was here... But it's rusted color actually looks like copper, that reminds me to Potato's gi. I miss her, and Erika, and Zai... and my brothers, and... I miss everyone.

— Nice! Another knight and rusted armor—Nya scoffed.

— What do you mean by another?!—Paty said, raising her voice— You better not be talking about Zane or P.I.X.A.L.!

Both girls were about to begin a fight any second by now. I was thankful that none of them had punch the other one yet.

— Girls girls! Easy—I said.

— I wish you were in that sword instead of Zane —Paty muttered.

— Ah! Well I- I-!—Nya looked for a good

— YOU WHAT SLUT?! WHO DO YOU CARE ENOUGH FOR THAT ISN'T JUST YOURSELF, MY ONLY FAMILY IS IN THAT FUCKING SWORD JUST BECAUSE A FUCKING DJINN IS FUCKING AFTER YOU!—Paty yelled, her voice reflected a lot of pain, but she wasn't even close to tears.

— Girls stop!—I pleaded.

— Zane! —Paty called, and the robot looked at her curiously— You better protect this bitch or she'll be death in 30 seconds!

— Girls please!—I said.

The other Zane nodded, and began showing some fighting moves. But his arms and legs collapsed after a few moves. Paty went from hardcore murderer to caring friend in the blink of an eye. He might not be OUR Zane, but he is Zane after all.