Second Best Chapter 15 - Rae, Darling, How About Some Anger Management Classes?

This is the chapter that will be in Callum's point of view so you can get an insight on Callum's character and the role he plays in this story. Also, I'll be about to introduce a new character! (*excited*)

And... that's it! Happy reading guys, don't forget to vote! (Because it makes me happy ^^)

__________________________________________________________________

*Callum's P.O.V.*

  I breezed through the hallway, desperate to get to the my class, so I could get Rae alone to talk to her, to apologize, for what happened over the weekend. I never meant for it happen, I never wanted to hurt her. I knew she must be pissed off at me right now, but the least I could do is to explain myself.

  She already had enough problems, dealing with her parents and schoolwork and now the hockey thing. All I wanted to do was show her that I still care, and try to make her forget about all her worries, even just for a little while. She honestly didn't deserve all this. I knew her the best, far better than anyone, sometimes even better than herself. Though she liked to argue with me on that one.

  I walked faster, shouldering past people in my haste to get to the classroom. As I got nearer to the entrance, I heard a shriek. It sounded a lot like Gaby Reynolds, who, as we all know, was an immense drama queen. I then heard people shouting and cheering as a commotion erupted inside the classroom, curiosity got the better of me and I rushed into the classroom only to see Rae straddling Gaby, pinning her down on the floor and they were both snarling and shouting at each other.

  The only other time I've seen her this angry, was when an older girl from the grade above bumped into her in the lunch line and it caused her to drop her lunch tray full of food. She just got back from a hiking trip and she had told me she was so starving she could eat me, I had teased her by offering her my arm but it was a well-known fact: Never mess with Rae when she was hungry. Never. Ever. If you still want to live that is.

  She got so mad, she went right up to that girl, stared at her square in the eyes, and said icily, 'Pick it up.'

  I had wanted to burst out laughing at the surprise on that girl's face, though I didn't because she was dating my mate. (I never got to know her name.) I was impressed at Rae's bravery, but I knew this wasn't going to end well. I remembered I had dragged Rae away before she could do something hasty, I don't know, maybe like punch that poor girl in the face? She struggled in my arms, defiant, and stubborn. She broke free and ordered the girl to pick up her lunch tray. I just stood aside, shaking my head but I was killing myself laughing inside. She was so adorable...

  Who knew, and so predictable, the girl had enough and shoved Rae backwards. She was pissed off to nowhere, then she shoved her back which ended up with them two tangled on the ground, throwing punches at each other, or rather, Rae was throwing punches. She was actually livid with anger.

  They got quite a lot of attention, and the whole cafeteria went wild with taunts to keep on fighting and eventually teachers came and pulled them apart. Which was such a shame because I enjoyed seeing my girl kicking ass. It's hilarious how she can punch like a dude.

  I snapped back to the present, anticipating that history was about to replay itself. I acted on impulse, I shouted, 'Rae, stop! Don't do it!' and I started to go towards, but was blocked by some people crowding around to watch the cat fight.

  I heard a smack, and then choruses of people going 'Oooooo...' and then whispering.

  Did she...? No... Did she just... Oh God, Rae... I stood where I was, not wanting to come any closer because she was obviously in a state of uncontrolled anger and maybe seeing me would just make her even more mad.

  The crowd parted, and she walked through. And she seemed as if everything was fine, and she didn't get into any fist fights at all, our eyes met for a brief second and I saw hurt and troubled anger trapped in her eyes. They were somewhat amber today, I think I'm the only one who actually noticed that about her eyes. They seemed to change from amber to green according to her mood.

  She then turned on her heels and walked out of the classroom. I wanted to go after, to put a hand on her shoulder and calm her down like I always did. She usually quieted down a lot faster when I was there for hold her or let her cry her heart out on my shoulder. I hated seeing her cry because she was such a strong girl and so tough all the times so it was painfully heartbreaking to see her cry.

  I contemplated whether I should follow her or not, but then I decided to let her be alone for a little while because she doesn't need my presence right now.

  Someone must have ran off and got a teacher to come, because soon after, Mr. Edwards swooped in and he stopped dead when he saw Gaby lying on the floor with tears streaming down her face and holding her cheek with one hand.

  I frowned at her in disgust, I really hated girls like that. Rae didn't even hit that hard and she was acting as if she just suffered the worst type of trauma and physical injury possible. If I wasn't a guy, I might as well just go up to her and punch her as well. 

  Mr. Edwards went to her and helped her off the ground, and she started whimpering like a pathetic little girl, she was sniffling and saying, 'Sir, Rae started it all. She tackled me to the ground and wouldn't let me go, then she PUNCHED me in the face...' she whined on and on, voice getting more shrill with every syllable.

  What is her problem, for fuck's sake?

  I took the chance, when everyone was fussing over Gaby and her annoying rant, I slipped outside the classroom and went after Rae.

  She needed someone to comfort her right now, and that person is going to be me. I owe her too much, so the least I could do is try to repay her as much as I possibly can. I owe it to her.