Second Best Chapter 1 - Bumping Into Ex-boyfriends Is Just So So Awkward

Hey readers! Just wanted to thank you again, I can't say which days I'll be uploading because I'm just that unpredictable. But comment, vote and fan. I'll get you all the updates.

  A NEW COVER IN DEMAND!

  NeverRemember x 

______________________________________________________________ 

Bumping Into Ex-boyfriends Is Just So So Awkward 

  Sometimes, I feel as if I'm living in a completely different world from everyone else.

  I'm your typical teenager, though I know I couldn't be more different. First, let me introduce myself. I'm Rae, 15 years old, blue-black straight hair, green eyes, 5'6 and a total stunner. I used to have that arrogant, I-think-I'm-hot-shit attitude but not anymore - not after that happened. I should probably start from the beginning - when everything seemed perfect, when I thought my life couldn't get better because everything revolved around me... I laughed bitterly as I thought this.

***

  'Yo, wait up!' Footsteps rang behind me, and a hand clamped down on my shoulder. I whirled around, showing irritation, I'm late for hockey practice for fuck's sake!

  'What's wrong? Why didn't you wait for me at the lockers?' My best friend, Sam's forehead wrinkled in concern. My anger melted into hopelessness as I gazed into her honey brown eyes. I wanted to spit out what's on my mind but I simply couldn't. Why burden someone else with your own problems?

  'Hey, hon, I'm really sorry. I don't know what came over me.' I swept my hair back from my face, and puffed out a big sigh, 'I'll call you later though, yeah? I'm like, so late for practice.'

  'Um, yeah, of course...' She awkwardly gave me a one-handed hug and walked towards the school gates. Part of me wanted to run after her and yell an apology and make plans for hitting the mall on the weekend, but the other part of me wanted to make a beeline for the sports field and take out all my aggression by whacking a ball around.

  My life was hectic, trying to juggle sports, school, boys all in one go. I can't help the fact that, I'm super intelligent, acing tests and getting A's on homeworks; or the fact that I'm athletic, always winning races, and even beating the boys at most sports; or the fact that I'm attractive and it seemed to me that every guy in the school wanted to be my boyfriend and chatted me up whenever I walked past in the hallway.

  There's just that one little problem which ruins the whole Miss Perfect image - my parents always fought, and a divorce is inevitable.

  I bit my lip in anger and quickened my step. Thinking about my parents always gave me the temptation to lash out and kick whatever's in front of me. I couldn't stand the tension in my house, and the atmosphere was too gloomy. I really hated my home...

  Not paying attention to where I was going, I crashed into someone around the corner. I growled in frustration and raised my head to glare. But I stopped when I realized who it was. Callum.

  'What the hell? Watch where you're going!' I spat out angrily.

  'Well well, look who it is. So, my wonderful ray of sunshine, what's the hurry?' A smirk painted on his face, and a devious twinkle in his eye. He leaned against the wall, and waited for my answer.

  'None of your business.' I dismissed him with a determined flick of my head.

  Me and Callum had some history. And I don't want to go into it now because, believe me when I say this, I've done many things I'm not proud of, but this was the worst case. I wanted to bury this secret deep in my brain and lock it away forever - like how I used to believe that if you denied the problem, it would go away somehow.

  'Oh come on, you can't still be mad at me? You're the one who broke it off!'

  'Yeah so? Get outta my way. I'm late for hockey practice.' With all the dignity I could muster, I tried to brush past him but he put an arm around my waist and turned me around to face him. Heat crept up on my cheeks and I could feel myself already leaning into his embrace. What the fuck, Rae? I scolded myself.

  'I know I was wrong, I don't expect you to forgive me. But don't ignore me anymore, okay?' He whispered, expression soft and expectant. 'I've missed you.'

  I opened my mouth to reply, perhaps with a sharp snap or swearword. Instead, I didn't say anything, I stared into his grey eyes and nodded. I didn't know what came over me, but all the humiliation, anger, and jealousy all those months ago faded away. And I knew, deep down inside, that I forgave him already. I missed him terribly as well. That unforgetable handsome face, sharp features, well built torso which held me until I fell asleep on some nights, came back and reminded me of the good sweet memories Callum and I shared.

  I suddenly broke away and sprinted down the hall, out the double doors and into the afternoon sun outside. I slowed down to catch my breath and made my way down to the hockey pitch. Where my coach and team were doing some warm up drills. Damn, I'm late again... I swore in my head. Guess it's 5 laps around the pitch then...

  I broke into a fast jog and struggled to keep my wandering thoughts at bay, but I couldn't think about anything else other than Callum. Confusing, utterly confusing. It also bugged me that I can't talk about it with anyone, not even Sam. She wouldn't understand, she'd call me stupid, and Callum and jerk and tell me to move on. Quoting, 'You could have any guy you want, Rae! Why Callum? He's so not worth it!'

  Coach blew his whistle and I jogged over, fighting to keep my breathing under control. The team all gathered around, waiting for him to make his famous This-is-the-time-of-the-year speech. While he droned on about team work, organization and consistency, I absent-mindly looked at the guys playing football. There was Jay, he noticed me looking at him and gave me a big grin. I casually gave him a three-fingered wave and looked away.

  'Are you listening, Ms. Danvers?'

  'Uh, yeah. Sorry...' I mumbled, and focused on the team tactics he was informing us. Though my mind kept on wandering over to something else...

What did you guys think of the first chapter?? Any thoughts, ideas? Please let me know, write on my messageboard. I'll be super happy to hear from you xx

________________________________________________________________________

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

Rae has a scary dream, a dream that makes no sense, a dream that chills her to the bone. A dream that tries to tell her something, to warn her... And in the dream, someone stars in it. Someone who she has been trying to get out of her mind.