Second Best PROLOGUE

Before I start, I'd like to thank everyone for reading. This is my first story and I want to hear what you think and please vote for me.

  Thanks, NeverRemember x

PROLOGUE

   You might say I have the perfect life, pretty, cool, athletic, outgoing, confident, one hell of an attitude, and very smart too. But something's missing.

  I have always been frightened of failure. It was a constant shadow, looming over every figment of my life. Everything had been a competition and soon, I was lost, to myself and why I had even began to get so competitive. I have my father to blame for that. And my nightmares.

  They started coming to me ever since my parents had started arguing. The constant endless fighting and bickering had gotten to me and made me bitter. But the nightmares held the true blame. They came out of nowhere and gone so quickly before I could remember any details. They left me shivering, from night to night, and wanting to curl up and die a quick death.

  I began to drive myself towards greater goals, like accomplishing and being the 'little overachiever' my dad had always called me. I used to take such pride in that nickname... Daddy's little go-getter. I looked up to my dad, he was my hero. But then life couldn't stay that way forever right? I had to grow up and go through hardships, experience the teenage life.

  I wouldn't call my home a 'home' exactly, because all that stores there is grief, pain and silence. The atmosphere is foreboding and though I often invite friends over, I still couldn't get rid of the depression imprinted on every wall and tile of my empty house. The place is vacant and cold. I was the same. My parents didn't see how this affected me, as long as they could numb out the tension with alcohol. Sometimes, that was what I did as well. It was incredibly nice to get away from the world for a little while. You could almost pretend like... you were normal...

  To be honest, I just miss my family. And a place to belong.

__________________________________________________________________

So what do you think of the prologue? Interesting enough? It's about to get better, I can promise you! Keep on reading and supporting!