Second Best Chapter 12 - Sometimes Coincidences Scare The Shit Outta Me

So this chapter is going to lead on to something major. Something that will make you go WHAT???!!! WHY????!!!!

Please vote, comment and fan! Thanks x 

  I was sitting in a beautiful meadow, wild flowers bloomed all around me, the cool breeze lifted my hair gently off my face and I was looking right at an oval-shaped lake with breathtaking hills behind it. The moon reflected on the unbroken surface of the lake, a natural beauty presented right in front of me.

  I looked down at myself, I was wearing a white lace dress, the seam came a few inches above my knees and the neckline dipped modestly. It was such a beautiful dress, like everything else here. I had no shoes on, I could feel the cool moisturise from dewy grass beneath me. I closed my eyes temporarily, unsure if this was a dream or an illusion. I wanted to hide away here forever, because it was so much better than the harsh life I led back in the real world.

I opened my eyes once again and reveled in the surreal astounding view, wanting to savour every precious moment of it. Who knows, this could just end abruptly and I'd be banished back into hell again.

  Someone was walking towards me, however I wasn't alarmed or even slightly surprised. Somehow the peace radiating from this place had taken effect on me as well. I felt like this was true bliss, true oblivion.

   He, or it could be a she, came still closer.

  I cocked my head to the side, puzzled. Wasn't this scene familiar in every other dream I had? Always with someone appearing out of nowhere, when I least expected it, and it always left me confused and frustrated. And sometimes scared, even though I'd never admit to myself.

  The person strolled closer and I was able to tell that whoever it was, he or she was quite tall and wore ragged and unclean clothes. It was definitely a he, I decided after scrutinizing closely.

  Moonlight beam shined on the top of his dirty hair, and he slowly lifted his face up. Of course, it was him. It was him every time. I shouldn't even have to guess. He would always star in my dreams, or nightmares, it depended which days, after my parents had started arguing. I couldn't help but smile at him, because although he was dishevelled, he still managed to look handsome somehow.

  His strong features stood out, and I quietly appreciated his beauty. It couldn't have been more romantic (despite his dirty clothes) and I'd like to savour it for as long as I can. I was in a meadow, with him, alone. And that was all it mattered. We could finally be together again?

  He spoke first, a serene expression which only made him more desirable, 'Rae, I told you not to come here.'

  'Come here? But this is a dream, isn't it?' I questioned, 'I couldn't help choose what I dream.'

  'I know, my love.' his face softened, 'but you really do have to go.'

  My heart melted at the word 'my love', how wonderful it was to hear him say it again. Could it still mean that there were some sparks between left?

  'Callum, will you please tell me what's going on? Why do I keep on having dreams about you? They're all so random and I don't know what they mean and I'm so confused... Please, please, please tell me what's going on!' I blurted it out in a rush, afraid he would interrupt me but he didn't, he only looked into my eyes and held his arms wide open.

  I closed the distance between us in a few bounds and leaped into his welcome arms. And he was solid. He was solid this time, I embraced him and squeezed him tightly. Terrified that I was imaging all of this, and he might dissipate into the air any moment, but he stayed in my arms...

  He was warm, he was solid and he was here. With me. That counts for something, right? I asked myself.

  I buried my head in his chest and sighed in happiness, I couldn't have felt more at home. His whole presence just made me feel like I had a place to belong in the world, made me feel so special and loved. Like I was the only one.

  I stepped back slowly, not taking my eyes off him, just in case that as soon as I did, he would disappear suddenly. I looked up into those familiar grey eyes, the moonlight glinting in them, they almost seemed to illuminate in the dark... He was so beautiful.

  Then what happened next completely blew my mind, and I was shocked into a statue. Out of nowhere, he began to be pulled backwards by an unknown force of some sort, and his face shifted into a panicked expression. I reached forward to grab his hand but it was completely out of his control... I tried to lunge forwards but he was retreating way too quickly.

  In the process, I stumbled and fell to the ground, the once soft grass turned into thorns and nettles, and they scraped my hands and knees mercilessly. I cried out at the sharp pain, and I began to sob helplessly. He was being taken away from me, and I could do absolutely nothing about it.

  As sudden as it happened, things started to fade into grey... The moon, the lake, the hills and last of all, Callum... 

***

Someone banged on the bathroom, and I was startled awake. The bath water had turned cold, and I realized I was shivering, and also someone was screaming my name.

  'Rae! Honey? Are you okay in there? What's going on? If you don't open the door, I'm coming in!' My Mom's voice came from the other side of the door, I rolled my eyes in annoyance and wrapped a towel around myself hastily.

  I walked to the door and unlocked it, then I stuck my head out and said, 'Yes, Mom, everything's fine. I just fell asleep in te bath, that's all.'

  She tutted and frowned, but finally decided to walk away.

  I hurried into my bedroom and shut the door. Now what am I supposed to do? I just had another creepy dream... As I thought of this, I looked down at my hands, they were perfectly unscathed, then down at my knees, they were looking normal either...

  I slumped down on my bed and slapped a hand to my forehead and groaned loudly.

***

I swung myself out my window expertly, and landed on the ground below me with a grunt. My Dad had came home just after 9:30 and they went to bed about an hour ago. So that gave me plenty of time to wait until they've fallen asleep then sneak out my window. I have never gotten caught before.

   I slipped down my street, cautiously looking around for neighbours, but the night was dead. No one was out walking or anything. My footsteps slapped against the sidewalk in quiet little thuds and I warned myself, I could be well disappointed tonight, for all I knew, that asshole might not even show up.

  The park came into view after a 10 minute hike, and no mistake, there he was, lounging on that walnut tree. That tree brought back so many memories. That tree was our special meeting spot. It was also my thinking spot, whenever I needed some time to cool down I'd come here and be alone for awhile.

  He saw me approach and jumped down gracefully, movement like a feline animal, so unlike my clumsy stunts to sneak out of my window. I might actually ask him to teach me how to do that... What, no! Shut up, brain!

  He started walking towards me but something made me stop dead in my tracks, my foot in midstep but I was frozen to the ground.

  The scene... It was familiar. It was scarily familiar... The moon. The lake. The grass. Callum walking towards me...

  It was like the dream repeating itself again...