Second Best Chapter 4 - Who's Stalking Who?

Thanks everyone who became a fan, and read and supported my story! Love you all x

  I munched on my popcorn, stared at the blank screen and sighed. I'm actually not having fun at all. The movie hasn't yet started and I already wanted to go home, fall asleep and dream about Callum again. There's obviously no chance of talking to him in school, since all he does is act weird and go all creepy ex-boyfriend on me.

  Jay leaned in close and whispered in my ear, 'You look real pretty tonight, Rae.'

  I smiled slyly. I didn't take that much time dressing up tonight. A tight-fitted white tee and black skinny jeans with leather biker boots. I had no time for short skirts or high heels, those weren't my style at all. Too hard to walk in or just dressy for my taste. I lined my eyes with black eyeliner, with a feline flick at the outer corner, and thick mascara. I had slicked on some lip gloss and pulled my hair back into a high ponytail and I was ready to go.

  I didn't understand why I even came here in the first place. Tonight was one of those nights when all I wanted to do was have a hot bath, curl up in bed with a good book or some homework and have some 'me' time. Sometimes, I get incredibly tired of being around people, and having to pretend to be the 'Rae' they all thought you were when you just weren't in the mood, or when you want to break down and cry by yourself. I never showed too much emotion in front people, they knew me as outgoing, charismatic and collected and calm at all times. I never wanted them to find out what a mess I was on the inside. They'd look at me differently, or they'd judge me. Not that I cared about what others thought of me as far as I'm concerned but I was terrified of them finding out the hateful truth about me.

  I was bitter and I desperately needed someone to confide in.

  That person had been Callum, he always knew what I was feeling. I could cry openly in front of him for a thousand times and I knew he would never think differently of me. His feeling for me would never change. Well, that is honestly hilarious to think about right now. That was the past. I never liked to dwell in the past. Moving on - that's what I was best at right?

  Without realizing it, I had been daydreaming about Callum, I didn't realize that the movie had already started, the room dimmed and people's hushed whispers all around me. I sighed heavily, and leaned my head back on the seat. I might as well pretend like I'm having a good time, then I'll find an excuse to go home early so I don't have to go to any of the gatherings afterwards.

  On my other side, Sam gave me a questioning look. It was obvious that I wasn't into the movie. What were we watching again? Some dumb thriller that just came out, the name is lost to me. Not that I care anyways...

  Jay laid a hand on my knee, while tapped the arm rest with his fingers. Somehow, this really annoyed me. I kept quiet and watched the introduction come up, not even paying attention. My eyes lain on a guy sitting two rows in front with his arm slung over the back of the chair next to him, and a petite blonde girl sat in it.

  I'd know that dark head anywhere. I had ran my own hand through the thick mane a hundred million times. Fury burned inside me, anger propelling me, I could feel myself driven by madness. What the fuck was he doing here?! And who's that skank he's with? What a coincidence, just happened to pop in here while I was on my 'date' with Jay.

  And as if he knew I was burning a hole in the back of his head with my glowering glare, he suddenly turned around and met my eyes. How I wanted to smack that smirk off his smug face... He's actually laughing at me! I can't let him win! I turned my head to look at Jay, he seemed startled,  I leaned in and nipped his ear gently with my teeth. I heard him take a sharp gasp and I whispered, 'I'm kind of freezing right now...'

  He immediately slipped his jacket around my shoulders and I glanced back at Callum. His earlier triumphant smirk was replaced by a frown. I silently gloated, and switched my attention back to the movie. Halfway through, that asshole got up and walked towards our row, he came up next to me and towed on my arm.

  'What the hell are you doing?!' I whispered angrily, giving him my worst look.

  'Come outside with me.' His expression unreadable in the dark.

  'What, no! I'm staying right here!'

  The guy behind me tapped me on the shoulder and motioned for me to be quiet. I ignored him and crossed my hand over my chest. Why should I do what he tells me to do? He's only making a fool of himself.

  'Rae, come outside for a moment please, I need to talk to you.'

  'Fuck off, I don't wanna go anywhere with you.' I sneered.

  Jay stood up and blocked me, 'Hey man, back off. She doesn't wanna go with you, alright?'

  At this moment, we were already causing quite a bit of a riot. Loads of people were turning around to stare at me, or telling us to be quiet. Though I didn't care, I didn't start it all. I remained seated, and looked straight ahead. Sam shifted uncomfortably beside me, she said, 'What does he want?'

  I shrugged, indicating I didn't know and I couldn't care less. It's not my problem that he couldn't find a better time to talk to me that he has to interrupt a whole cinema just so he can have this chat with me. It's probably nothing important anyways.

  Callum pushed past Jay and grabbed my hand. I wanted to shake it off but the curiosity got the better of me. I really wanted to find out what he has to say for himself. I will probably never admit to myself that I still have feelings for him. Not like that's ever going to happen...

  I hissed, 'Get off me! I can walk myself.' I stood up and gave Jay's hand a squeeze and mouthed 'I'll be right back.' Then I followed Callum outside. Once we were outside, I crossed my arms across my chest and tapped my foot, acting impatient. He just looked around us, as if observing the scene.

  'What do you want?' 

___________________________________________________________________________

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

Rae followed Callum outside, simply out of curiosity to find out what he has to say. What could it be? What if he knew she had a strange dream about him? What if he was the one who was trying to warn her through a dream?

Read on, or FAN! Thanks x