16.3

16.3 - Dreams Compared To Reality

~ Niall ~

"So, you turned up every morning to spot Darre come up behind Rob and kissing her cheek?" Indigo asks quietly as I park the Passat in the shopping centre car park.

"Yes, Fleck saw red every time so I reasoned by going home so I wouldn't end up shifting at school. The last time someone shifted it was extremely messy," I state.

"Sweet, you could have said. Darre shouldn't have been doing that anyway."

"I told him to look out for Ro but I never meant like that. You know how it kills you when you see the person you love being loved by someone else."

"That I do. That I do." Indigo stares out the front windscreen before looking across at me. "Right! We're wasting time. Let's go shopping!" She squeals clapping her hands before noticing my glare. "And get some coffee."

"That's more like it." We exit the car and I lock it as we head towards the shops.

"You're so not going to regret this."

-------

I'm so regretting this.  

"You two are adorable. Aren't you being a sweet boyfriend by carrying the bags and paying?" A cashier says as I take the shopping bags.

I laugh. "I'm a gentleman and not her boyfriend," I state.

"I don't like people like him, love. Try again next time," Indigo extends as we leave, the cashier staring at us. I offer my spare hand to Indigo who slaps it with her own. "The tag team strikes again!" She fist pumps the air gaining us odd looks as we exit the shop.

~ Robyn ~

"None of us need shopping therapy," I complain, crossing my arms as we weave through the crowd. Teila's eyes are staying out permanently so as long as they don't shift back around humans we should be okay.

"Yes, you do. You two have been grumpy all week and we need to you something hot for your date with your girlfriend tomorrow. So, that is why we're here," Maeve states.

"Speaking of your girlfriend, where is she?" Gerard asks looking at Trix.

"She had to check on someone so she scarpered out of the office before you two turned up," Trix replies, her eyes scanning the crowd with a slight frown.

"What's wrong?"

"I swear I can smell her but she said she's with family."

"Really?"

"Yeah. But I can't smell Jac, Al, or Karine."

"That's strange."

"Are you sure she didn't mean her chosen family?" Ethan asks.