2.2

2.2 - The Masked Truths

~ Robyn ~

Ethan and Trix stand either side of me. Ethan wears a black suit, orange shirt and an orange mask that only covers the area around his eyes and tied at the back of his head in the same fabric. Trix is wearing a red dress that drops to her knees, hugging her figure as it does and a red mask similar to Ethan's.

Darre joins us with Gerard and Maeve, dad's two Betas. Darre has a similar outfit as Ethan but wears a green mask and shirt. Gerard has a purple-fronted waistcoat which matches the purple mask covering most of one side of his face, a white shirt and black trousers. Maeve wears a simple pastel yellow dress which drops to her knees and a matching yellow mask.

When I got the invitation, Maeve and Trix came up with the idea of going as the rainbow. Looking at us now, it was a good idea but it didn't seem like it at the time.

I am in a blue dress that matches the tips of my hair. It drops down to my knees on the front but the back sweeps lower, catching just above my heels. I wanted a mask like Darre's and Ethan's, but of course, that didn't happen. Maeve and Trix styled my hair in a way that wouldn't have looked right. So, I have one that hides the area around my eyes, the ends flicking up like wings.

"I'm not impressed you styled bird wings into my outfit," I complain.

"Shut up, you look gorgeous, your dad would be proud of what you've done," Maeve replies, fiddling with the back of my dress. There are strips of fabric that run down my back from my shoulders like wings, again.

"I know. But you didn't have to emphasise the bird part of my name."

"Rob, just stop moaning, please."

"Could have told me about them."

"Rob, shut up and get us into the party," Ethan comments pushing me to the door.

I roll my eyes, picking up the trails in my hands. "The Winter pack management," I say to the guy on the door.

He looks up from the clipboard, looking at me then my five Betas behind me. Recognition passes over his face when he spots Gerard and Maeve but I know it's not this easy to get in. "It says here on the notes look for the heterochromia," he comments.

"Oh dear," Ethan mutters.

"Why does everyone make a big deal of me having it in both forms? I could put in contacts to do this and you guys wouldn't know," I say looking back at Ethan. He narrows his eyes at me, silently warning me to loosen up as he knows that certainly isn't the case. What he doesn't know is that I had to say I could put contacts in to get into the party.

"And that's the phrase; go on through Alpha and Betas. Nice coordination, the best group so far," the man on the door says.

I walk in with a smirk on my face as Ethan runs after me. "Which bit was the phrase?" He questions.