15.3

15.3 - Rising Complications Between Them
~ Niall ~

"And why did you need a cold shower?" Cian asks as he leans against the door frame to my bathroom.

I glance up from inspecting my foot. "Oh, I had this dream," I reply vaguely. Looking back down, I locate and pull a small bit of glass out of my foot, throwing the glass into the bin.

"What about?"

"I was with Ethan sat talking about stuff in general, it wasn't long until Ro came along in a white vest top paired with a black leather jacket and shorts."

Cian lets out a whistle. "Damn."

"Oh, trust me, it only got better."

"How far did you two get?"

"Now, that would be spoilers."

"Nice boxers."

"Ask Jackson."

"Nah, I already know where to get them, I found them online and showed him."

"Asshole."

"Yet you still wouldn't swap us for anyone else." Cian sits beside me on the edge of the bathtub, handing me the antiseptic and tissues.

"Although, I wish we spoke to Jess earlier."

"That's some talent, eh? I bet she lost it when she couldn't sense you."

"Burst into tears straight away."

"You know you don't have to drink away the pain, you don't forget."

"I know, just sometimes I wish I could."

-------

Freshly showered, freshly clothed and slightly fresher minded I pad downstairs to the kitchen where Cian is trying to cook pancakes. Key word: trying.

"How the fuck did your father do this shit? He made it look so fucking easy," Cian grumbles as he stands where my father has been most mornings.

I screw my nose up at his failed attempt beside him on a plate. "I'll do this. You get rid of the monstrosity," I state, taking the jug of batter before he can argue.

"Fine." Cian takes the plate and goes across to the bin as I start frying up a pancake. "Ni, it's stuck on the plate."

"Then use a fork."

"I'm holding the plate upside down, gravity is broken."

"If gravity was broken then we would be floating."

"Oh, how I love you detoxifying sarcastic, deadpanning self."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome. Who's Against The Current?"