3 - Searching Behind The Mask

~ Niall ~

* 2 weeks later (April 2018) *

We're in a different clearing this time, not in one that's on the path to my house, but somehow Robyn is near us again, I can smell her on the wind.

I continue circling Cian watching him across the small circle we created. Cian is easy to anger which is obvious as I flick my tail a bit more and a low growl erupts from his throat. I roll my eyes, shaking my head slightly.

Stephen's eyes flick around looking for Robyn.

That's when Cian decides to pounce as he thinks I'm distracted. Just as he reaches me I sidestep and then barge him away from me with my shoulder. Cian digs his paws in as he skids across the dirt. He charges at me again, coming towards my left side slightly. As he goes to attack me, I push him to the ground with my jaw open on his neck while I stand on his side with a front paw.

Someone stopping instead of walking past makes Cian and I look up to see Robyn sat there watching as we remain frozen. I'm still holding Cian down with a paw on his ribs and jaws around his neck. He squirms slightly and I push slightly harder on his ribs.

His eyes flick to me as if to say stop trying to make a point.

I glare back at him as if to say shut up.

Then Cian decides to show me off, or show me up, as he moves his neck out of my jaws and pushes me back with his paws on the front of my ribs. I dig my back paws into the dirt as Cian stands up. As we circle each other, I growl at him before shaking my head.

Stephen glances at me as if he is saying you're going to be dead if your dad finds out about fighting in front of Robyn.

She hasn't moved, she just sits there in her wolf form watching as we circle each other.

I pounce at Cian, sideswiping his front legs with a paw causing him to roll across the floor. Before he can stand up, I'm on him again which then erupts into a game of low growls and constant switching of positions as we fight. Cian swipes up at my head but I just manage to avoid it then pin him down more effectively with my jaw latched around the back of his neck. He knows I wouldn't bite him there. I'm too soft to do that to him. He glances away from me to Robyn who is watching us with a small wolf smirk.

I bring my jaw from Cian's neck before swiping him round the back of the head with a paw. Cian grunts quietly at the contact then I walk away joining Stephen. Cian rolls over to face us looking a bit confused on why Robyn is here still.

That is a very good question which I don't have an answer to.

I move my shoulders slightly and Cian seems to understand that I don't know. He gets onto his feet and trots over to his usual spot beside me.