3.2

3.2 - Searching Behind The Mask

~ Niall ~

My answer catches her off guard. I know that, but it's true. When my wolf has been like this, she's the only one to stick around the insecure mess I become.

"Me?" Robyn whispers.

"Yes," I state.

"Seriously?"

"My wolf isn't a liar."

"Oh."

"You didn't pick something up. You got those photos at the meeting Cian delayed you getting to."

Robyn looks back up at me then, her eyes questioning. "How the hell do you know that?"

I roll my eyes with a smirk. "You're not the only one who snoops." Robyn looks extremely caught out. "Don't look like that around my father otherwise he'll eat you for breakfast."

"Like he had you this morning?" Robyn questions.

I flinch automatically, shutting my eyes as they still aren't shifting back to my green ones. "Maybe."

"What did he do? You don't flinch for any reason."

"You can't do anything to stop it."

"I can if he's abusing you." Her voice is just a whisper but it screams failure like he did this morning.

"No, you can't."

"My pack can give you a couple of days away from-"

"You can't help with this. At all. It's something I have to deal with personally," I interrupt as I don't want to give in.

Robyn starts walking towards me but her feet don't make a sound. "You don't have to suffer in silence."

"I'm not suffering. I'm getting stronger."

"And you know that because?" Robyn's voice from immediately in front of me makes my eyes open again. This will be even harder to explain if someone walks in now as it would look like we were kissing.

"He's training me to be Alpha like he got trained."

"It's tearing you apart."

"If I know what it feels to go through darkness, I can help my pack survive it."

A door opens but Robyn doesn't pay attention. Stephen walks in, freezing when he spots Robyn in my face. Shit.

"What if you don't get through it?" Robyn asks quietly watching my eyes concerned.

"Then I'm out the pack. No turning back. Cian takes over," I comment.

"What did I tell you in the library, Rob? You can't help," Stephen says. Robyn stiffens at his voice. She had obviously presumed the person walked back out. Unfortunately, Stephen doesn't exactly get the meaning of a private moment.