Chapter Thirty Three : "The Mason Reunion"

When I opened my eyes , I saw Deni looking down on me. "How are you feeling Benji?" she asked and then smiled at me. "Fine" I said and then reached for my back and felt the spikes but the harness is gone.

 "Oh yeah. They can't use the machine to remove the harness. Arion warned them that it might make complications in your spine. So they have no choice but to use the manual way" she said

 "It's okay. I still need my spikes anyway" I said and then sat up. "How long am I unconscious?" I asked her. "12 hours" she said and then I reached for my shoes and we started walking around. "Glad to be home" I said and then she nodded.

 As much as I wanna be happy that I'm back with my family, I can't. Nick and Jordan are still there and Karen might take it out on them. "Hey Ben!" Matt said and then ran towards me and gave me a tight hug.

 "Miss me Skitter bait?" I asked him.

 "Suckerfish" she said and I laughed at him. Then Anne walked inside the clinic with Lexi. "Hey there" I said and pinched Lexi's chubby cheeks. "How are you Ben?" Anne asked. "I'm good" I said and then Deni, Matt and I walked out of that room.

 "Your back" I turned around and saw Maggie.

 "Yeah. I realized I love this place more" I said and she laughed. "So how does it feel like to be harnessed twice?" Hal asked and then walked to her.

 "Liberating" I said and then he smirked. Matt joined them while Deni and I walked outside. "We're going back there to save Nick and Jordan , you know that right?" she then asked.

 "Yeah. Actually, I can't wait for it to happen" I said to her. Suddenly , Jeanne and his Dad , Col. Weaver walked towards us.

 "Glad to see you soldier" he replied and then smiled at me. 

 "The honor is mine Sir" I said and then smiled back. 

 "Then I hope you're ready to get back in the battlefield. We'll take this war to them" he then said. "I am more ready than ever" I said.

 I think I'm ready to get my payback, Karen have definitely crossed the line a long time ago and it's time for her to be taken down.

 As we're walking towards the skitter camp , Deni told me how happy she is that she saw me again. "I love you" I said and then I kissed her.

 "Get A Room!" Harry called out and walked towards us. "How are you Benjiman?" he then asked. "Benjiman?" Deni asked him.

 "Yeah. you call him Benji , I'll call him Benjiman" he said and then we all laughed. As soon as we got to the skitter camp , we discussed our next move against the Esphemi.

===================================================================

Jeanne's P.O.V

 "Dad, what's gonna happen to us now?" I asked him as soon as we got back to our room. "We're gonna fight Baby Bear" he replied.

 "Yeah I know , but after that. Where are we going?"

 "We'll stay in our new home. With the 2nd Mass" he said and then hugged me really tight. Suddenly , we heard an explosion. We an out of the room and saw the "Radio Section" totally blown up. I ran there and saw Maggie lying on the floor.

 "Dad!! Help Me!!" I screamed and so he ran towards us. "What the hell is she doing here?" he asked as we pulled her out.

=================================================================

Hal's P.O.V

 I ran towards the Radio Section after I heard the explosion. I saw Col. Weaver and Jeanne dragging Maggie out.

 "What happened?" I asked and then carried her in my arms. "We saw her lying here after the explosion. Maybe she's just passing by" Jeanne replied as we all rushed towards the clinic.

 "Anne!" I called out to her.

 "What happened?" she asked as I put Maggie on one of the beds. "There's an explosion on the Radio Section, she was hit" I said.

 Suddenly , Dad and Ms. Peralta came in and Col. Weaver explained everything that happened.

================================================================

Deni and I rushed towards the clinic as soon as we heard what happened to Maggie. "Ben" Dad said and hugged me really tight.

 "What Happened?" I asked.

 "We're not sure yet. But all we know right now is that she happened to be near the Radio Section when the whole room exploded" he said.

 "Will she be okay?"

 "She will be" Anne replied. After a few minutes , Matt said something "Dad, Can't you see what's happening right now? he asked.

 "Nope. What's happening?" he asked.

 "We're complete" he said and we all smiled. I took Deni's hand and pulled her closer to me. I looked around and saw that our family is here. The Original Masons and the extended ones. The only person missing is Mom. But I know wherever she is , she's happy now and she's guiding us always

 "We're gonna face this together" Maggie suddenly said as she woke up and we all agreed with her.