Chapter Twenty Four : "Little bundle of Joy"

This is the longest Benny / Beni chapter yet :) so make sure you read it !! :)

    And don't you just love the Masons? One just had a baby and another one is already going through the risk of making one ? :)

==================================================================

 Things have gone slightly lighter with Alexis around. I saw Dad is always happy despite all the issues the whole city of Charleston is going through.

 I guess that's the effect a baby can cause. Everyone is just so happy that she's around. She's a reminder that everything will be okay. Even Matt has been affected , instead of hanging out with his friends and then blowing up buildings , he decided to help Anne look after our sister. I would too , but my schedule is different. Especially right now that we're still on the recovery stage after that attack.

 The remaining rebel skitters are still debating as to who should replace Murich. I can't believe it's been a week since that night. I seriously thought that was it , no making it alive 'till the morning but thankfully the Volm came to the rescue and suddenly we now owe our lives to them.

 Hal revealed to me yesterday that Karen might be using him , he wants to tell Dad but he doesn't want to spoil his happiness. I expressed my support to him , I also said that I'll keep an eye on him myself to see if he will do anything that's abnormal.

 It was mid morning , and people of Charleston are going to their daily work. I decided to check on Deni and the others on the skitter camp. I would like to have a talk with Nick too , we've both been pretty busy these days and it will be really cool to have a down time.

 The hybrid thing is actually getting to all de-harnessed kids , we're all feeling that strangeness , we can feel the change coming. Harry always told me not to be afraid because it just means we're getting stronger but I can't help it. As I complete each stage of the process , I'm moving one step further from being a human.

 "Hi Deni!" I called out as soon as I got into their entrance.

 "Benji" she said , smiled and then walked to me.

 "How's my favorite girl?" I asked her and she pinched my nose. "Still the same" I said afterwards and she laughed at me. We then started to walk inside the building.

 "Nice place" I said as I was looking around. The de-harnessed kids were at the first floor while the skitters inhabit the 2nd floor. "It got beds" she then said to me.

 "Did you slept again?"

 "Not yet" she suddenly said and sat at one of the vacant beds with clean sheets. "How are you feeling?" she asked me.

 "Weird as always. You?"

 "The same . I'm scared Benji" Deni said and then I sat beside her and held her hands. "There's no need to be scared of Deni, I'm always here" I said and then she hugged me.

 "I know" she then replied. All the other de-harnessed kids went to the forest and near a small lake where they did some 'skinny dipping' according to Deni. As much as I want them to be alert for the Espheni coming in any time soon , I can't deprive them their happiness. I just hope that they are aware of what's happening and all the events that will soon come.

 "Wanna walk back to camp?" I whispered to her. "Yeah. I'm starving , I haven't eaten in 2 days" she then said and we both got up and walked back to the camp.

===============================================================

Deni's P.O.V

 When we got back to the camp , Ben said he'll just meet me at the cafeteria since he's going to check on Hal. I agreed and went to the cafeteria , only to find out from Jeanne that Taylor was one of the casualties from that night.